Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

From http://www.harryrosen.com/footwear/dress-shoes/allen-edmonds/bloor-street-leather-oxfords/p/78770521

Allen Edmonds

Bloor Street Leather Oxfords

$498.00
    Named after Toronto's Bloor Street, these Allen Edmonds dress shoes are a part of the iconic brand's Premier Collection designed exclusively for Harry Rosen. The balmoral lace-ups are crafted in a slightly elongated modern shape that's complemented by a classic cap-toe. The leather Oxfords feature a cushioned Poron insole and V-tread tap outsole great for all weather conditions.

2. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

To me, the appear to have the same features of the BB version.

3. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Apologies didn't see the part about the poron, they don't certainly don't have the same look of those from BB. V-tread is the standard V-tread you see on AE shoes. The one from BB has a different appearance but same idea.

4. M2511

M2511 Senior member

@MattRiv I called the outlet that has the last pair of Bourbon Carlyles and was told that one of the shoes has striping but that he had seen worse. The other shoe is fine. I'm not sure I want to undertake the challenge of balancing the shoes out. I would not mind at all if both had similar striping as I do agree it brings an amount of character but I don't know how I feel about the imbalance. I think I'll wait and to get some in oxblood when they go on sale.

Last edited: May 13, 2016

5. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I agree about uniform tiger striping, if there is such a thing. Much easier to cover up and keep the color consistent than when working with only one shoe (short of completely stripping everything off and doing your own burnishing with dark polish).

6. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

My brown grain Dundee 2.0's arrived today. Sorry about the bad photography...my first attempt to take a picture of my shoes, haha. I wanted to take advantage of a credit I had and the AMEX $50 deal, although boot weather is just about gone. They fit perfectly and are very comfortable. The only little concern I have is that they are firsts and the lacing isn't completely straight on either shoe, but it could be that I have funny shaped upper insteps....

I'm thinking about adding a little "burnishing" to the front of the toes with some black shoe polish. Good or bad idea?

[​IMG]

7. HoldenMI

I'd bet that those are Hopkinsons with a v-tread sole. The poron insole, heel, and elongated cap-toe are just like the Hopkinson. The question is do they have the other features of the Indy line, such as lambskin lining and upgraded leather uppers.

8. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I don't know. Looking at the top profile of the shoe, that looks like the 65 last to me (toe doesn't look pointy enough for the Hopkinson).

9. HoldenMI

You might be right, but the cap is definitely longer. I think that makes it look better than the PA.

10. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Anyone know what the Exchange Place is? Not a HR, BB, or CM exclusive from what I can tell. Looks like it might be on the 1943.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Blue & bourbon for Friday.
    [​IMG]

12. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I asked the same question a few pages back, but no one seems to know. One of us should probably just call the CAC and ask.

13. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I picked up a pair of the Bloor Street during the seconds sale a few months ago. I just held one up next to / underneath a PA (same size), and they are definitely the exact same overall shape. The cap on the Bloor is about 3/4 inch longer than the PA, and the overall length of the combination heel on the Bloor is about 3/8 inch shorter than the all-rubber heel on the PA. Between the shorter heel and the longer cap, the profile of the shoe is different. Also, the Bloor doesn't have the piping around the opening at the top of the shoe that the PA has -- in my opinion, this was a mistake, the piping would look better. The Bloor does not have the Independence lambskin lining. I can take some pictures of the Bloor if there is anything in particular that someone wants to see.

14. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

[​IMG]

Daltons in bourbon for ubering in DC tonight. Can't wear a hoodie and jeans for that crowd.... ;)

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

That's one of the best bourbons I've seen! Looking good. What are those trows???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.