Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Thanks, @MattRiv . If it helps, or makes things worse, pretty sure these were only $99. Good luck in your search... you've been warned about the strange fit of the Amoks.

Great looking shoe/sock combo.I think these chinos would look great with my tan Amoks!

Agreed. Thanks for the input, @J o s h . I tried them with the rust chinos below, but wasn't sold on the look. I DO need to branch out with the color of my chinos - and summer seems like the perfect time!

2. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Daltons and rusty chinos today. It's funny - one shoe has loosened up considerably, almost to the point where it feels like a 1/2 size/width bigger. About 10 wears in. Never experienced this with any other shoe. Might need to have the other one stretched? Or wear a thicker sock on one foot [​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Did you polish the toes of those with regular walnut polish or something different to get that deeper color?

4. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Just received my BB Beefroll Kenwoods and aside from the seconds stamp on the bottom of them they are perfect. This is now the 2nd pair I have from them with no flaws as far as I can tell. If anyone has hesitation in buying these from shoebank I'd say go for it and certainly during the sale. I'd buy all the BB versions if they had them in my size (I should probably be grateful they don't.) They are eligible for recraft and apparently get recrafted with the exact same sole type they come with which is just more of a reason to get them in my opinion. Its also hard to complain about the insoles they have.

5. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Been walking in my new Carlyle's today and am so surprised how comfortable they are. I was afraid of the single oak leather insole for a long time because I thought it would cause my feet pain. My Carlyle's are more comfortable than my Leeds, which doesn't make sense to me.

6. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Cashing two large insurance checks = intro to shell.

7. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I have been waiting for the last pair of bourbon carlyles to disappear from the bank and it keeps taunting me. Price isn't getting any lower than $177 I image so... I have a pair of bourbon already but no carlyle....

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Buy them and see what the issue is. I got a pair of Vernons (wearing them now) that had clearly been in the network for awhile (they had a older style box) that had some damage to the toe box and some creasing. They knocked 20% off to get me to keep them. Worth a shot to ask.

9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I just snagged a used pair of moderately used vintage Shell Florsheim Imperial LWBs off the bay for $70 plus shipping that should be getting here tomorrow. Also my first shell shoes.

10. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

Thanks! So it's an outlet-only sale?

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  11. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    You may find that nice calf is just a "gateway shoe." Give details on brand, styles and colors.

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I will, when I pull the trigger. I have a trip to Disney staring me in the face, too, so we'll see.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I believe this was already answered by FaRKle a few posts back.

14. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Funny you say that, they have brown Vernons in my size currently and I do like the look but with Cornwallis coming on sale as seconds I might have to go that route in chili.

15. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

My bourbon Carlyle's had no noticeable flaws, aside from some color variation I noticed. I think a lot of the bourbon seconds are just color issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.