• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just coming to post the same recrafting announcement / promo as Nick and ace13x above. Anybody planning on taking advantage? If you got the email, the fine print seems to indicate it isn't a proper gift card and has a lot of restrictions:

Quote from AE email:
I've been hoping for a promotion of any type on recrafting so I'm excited that we've got something but the fact that this $50 discount will only work on regular priced firsts really makes it a harder sell than I'd hoped. I'm really a seconds or sale-only type guy so looking at a new pair for $345 is still difficult.

This language has been written on their recraft-gift cards for years, but in the past, they have always honored them as a $35 gift card. I have used them on clearance, shoebank, MTO and sales despite that language.

Maybe they are more strict now, as it has been a year since my last recraft. If I had a $50 card, I would first try it against a sale/clearance online website order.

styleaudit91

Reaction score

Dark chili Mcgregors on cheap linoleum for a dreary Tuesday.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sale would make the BB incredibly appealing. Works much better for those on the D width unfortunately. I'm interested in the Bartlett price for sure and perhaps a pair of Chili or Brown Cornwallis (I like chili but lack an actual brown shoe). Sale isn't officially announced and I've already marked 2 pairs for purchase. Barn Weasels indeed....

Soupy

Reaction score
This language has been written on their recraft-gift cards for years, but in the past, they have always honored them as a $35 gift card. I have used them on clearance, shoebank, MTO and sales despite that language.

Maybe they are more strict now, as it has been a year since my last recraft. If I had a $50 card, I would first try it against a sale/clearance online website order.

Thank you for pointing this out. I was hoping to hear something similar and help convince myself to take advantage of the promotion.

Middlife

Reaction score
I received this today from the Charleston store:

"Brooks Brothers styles will be on sale for $149, and both the Park Avenue and Strand will be $239, with their Independence Collection counterparts (the Hopkinson and Bartlett) dropping to $299. Some of the other featured styles are the McAllister ($249), Cornwallis, Yorktown, Grayson, and Carlyle ($199), and all Road Warrior styles will be $189."

Trying to decide what I am targeting. Several of those prices are very tempting.

BTW, Jason in that store has been very helpful and friendly to me so far over e-mail. He seems to do a good job at describing the shoes that you inquire about as well. I'll have to do him a solid and make purchase from that store.
This looks like 2nds pricing to me. Maybe someone will grab a pair of chili Cornwallis and post pics :)

Grock58

Reaction score

I really liked these strandmoks. Got them in yesterday a week after ordering from the AE site, not a bad turn around for my size.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Lobster33Decided to go with my Waltons today (will try to post pic later). This one has your name written all over it buddy, I'm sure your wife will be fine with one more.

Its waafffer thin...

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a pair of dark chili carlyles during the recent sale. They are beautiful. However there is some substance on the welt. What is this and can it be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone???

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone???

Someone suggested you take a stiff brush to it (not horse hair). A page or so back. If it requires significant effort to get off then send them back if not get it off and use some edging for it if it leaves a discolored spot.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone suggested you take a stiff brush to it (not horse hair). A page or so back. If it requires significant effort to get off then send them back if not get it off and use some edging for it if it leaves a discolored spot.
Thanks, I hadn't seen that response. (A while back I stopped getting email notifying me of responses or quotes.)

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I hadn't seen that response. (A while back I stopped getting email notifying me of responses or quotes.)

I had something similar on a pair of Fifth St (or whatever the name of the bal boots are) 2nds. Turns out it was a brush hair or something that had dried in edge dressing. I was able to use a stiff brush to peel it off. It left behind a light streak, but I should be able to cover that up with dressing.

As @Lobster33 suggested, it wouldn't hurt to shoot those pics to your SA.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I wish I could find a pair of those in my size. I will own either that exact shoe or the Alden counterpart very soon.
Thanks, @MattRiv . If it helps, or makes things worse, pretty sure these were only $99. Good luck in your search... you've been warned about the strange fit of the Amoks.

Gustin chinos, socks. AE blue suede shoes. You cando anything, but STAY OFF!!!

Great looking shoe/sock combo.I think these chinos would look great with my tan Amoks!

Maybe a chestnut brown khaki, or forest green trousers?
Agreed. Thanks for the input, @J o s h . I tried them with the rust chinos below, but wasn't sold on the look. I DO need to branch out with the color of my chinos - and summer seems like the perfect time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads