1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Brown saddle Vernons today with my new Orient Mako watch and custom made steampunk cuff links from my wedding.

2. feeble

feeble Active Member

Yeah, I was def surprised. Especially because the color is fine everywhere else on the shoe.

I've reached out to AE, I'll see what they say. Guess I could polish it myself but I shouldn't have to.

The leather lotion hasn't taken the color off of any other AE shoes I have. Maybe I just got unlucky with the Fifth Avenues.

3. Nick V.

Nick V. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

4. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

5. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Was just coming to post the same recrafting announcement / promo as Nick and ace13x above. Anybody planning on taking advantage? If you got the email, the fine print seems to indicate it isn't a proper gift card and has a lot of restrictions:

Quote from AE email: I've been hoping for a promotion of any type on recrafting so I'm excited that we've got something but the fact that this $50 discount will only work on regular priced firsts really makes it a harder sell than I'd hoped. I'm really a seconds or sale-only type guy so looking at a new pair for $345 is still difficult.

6. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior Member

Look great! Toe could be evened out with a little darker walnut or bourbon (faster results) on light toe and neutral on other. Once you are comfortable with how polish and products react with the shoe. Either way, look good as is.

7. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior Member

Pair it with an Amex card $50 off $250 offer for $100 off [​IMG].

8. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior Member

Try a stiff brush. I had some thing like that on my Aldens and using a stiffer nylon bristled brush (like the one that comes on the AE suede combo tool) worked well. A regular horsehair brush is too soft.

+1. Bick 4 hydrates better than Saphir Renovateur, AE conditioner & cleaner, and VSC IME. When I first got my pair of CXL Indy boots I conditioned one with Bick 4 and the other with VSC. Looks-wise, they look the same, but the leather on the boot that I used Bick 4 on is a bit more supple.

Last edited: May 10, 2016

9. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

True but that Amex promo works for factory seconds and sale items (just needs to be AE). I found myself trying to decide if I wanted to send in a pair to recraft earlier than they realistically need to be but realized that I likely wouldn't purchase anything that is 100% retail price. Nice offer to anyone that does frequently buy outside of their sales though.

10. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. Have a pair ready to send in, and was hoping for some sort of discount. The $50 is nice, but I usually don't buy at full price.

11. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

haha, no worries. I knew the Carlyle was on the 108. I didn't know my high instep would affect the V, but the shoe fits me so well that I don't want to return. Carlyle also has more toe room than the Lasalle and feels roomier in general. Love the fit.

12. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Thanks for the tips. I'll try cleaning them up just to see if it's excessive polish from the previous owner. If not I may tinker, but it's really not that big of a deal to me.

13. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

@Lobster33Decided to go with my Waltons today (will try to post pic later). This one has your name written all over it buddy, I'm sure your wife will be fine with one more.

14. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

I received this today from the Charleston store:

"Brooks Brothers styles will be on sale for $149, and both the Park Avenue and Strand will be $239, with their Independence Collection counterparts (the Hopkinson and Bartlett) dropping to $299. Some of the other featured styles are the McAllister ($249), Cornwallis, Yorktown, Grayson, and Carlyle ($199), and all Road Warrior styles will be $189."

Trying to decide what I am targeting. Several of those prices are very tempting.

BTW, Jason in that store has been very helpful and friendly to me so far over e-mail. He seems to do a good job at describing the shoes that you inquire about as well. I'll have to do him a solid and make purchase from that store.

15. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

She wasn’t mad about the Carlyle, but she still doesn’t know about my Lasalle that sits under my desk. Clark shoes are coming sometime soon as well, which I decided not to hide.
    I saw someone had a pair of brown Walton’s on ebay. They looked stunning, but I don’t like to buy used shoes out of concerns of getting athletes foot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.