1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Jefferson 1.0 today..

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. moixet

moixet Senior member

Yeah!

3. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Same idea today. Man, I wish I could get an original Indy spec shoe on the 201 last.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  4. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

Anyone seen the new St. Johns in person? I think they look lovely on the website and I've been wanting a double monk...

5. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Nope. One shot, until they offer it again. However, if you know someone else with an Amex card...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I am. But it will depend on how it fits me. Gonna go with 1sts since they are about the same price with the amex discount. If the PA doesn't work, I'll wait for the hopkinson seconds to go on sale in the future.

7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

Does it work on seconds, and do you need to activate it with the card company in any way? I may ask my roommate to buy a pair on my behalf.

8. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Yes, you need to activate the reward on your card (very easy to do). It works on anything sold by Allen Edmonds. Their seconds store isn't a separate entity and still reflects on your statement as an Allen Edmonds purchase.

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

*strokes chin*

10. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Got it. I was hoping to avoid having to ask my wife to activate an offer on her card, but, le sigh.

11. mc2k

mc2k Well-Known Member

Cordovan Leeds

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Y'all see the 2 new shoes added today. A new monk strap and Chelsea boot.

13. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Yep, those are in the catalog. Mine came just yesterday. Says it's for fall, but if they're taking orders early...........no. I won't. I will wait for a sale.

I was just recently lamenting on another board that with my B-width feet, there aren't any chelseas to be found for a reasonable price out there that would actually fit me. This.....makes me happy.

If only they came in the same shade of brown suede as the strandmok 2.0..........

14. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Its throwback Thursday and today's feature is the "Troy." Discontinued in 2006 and it came in black and chestnut. Interesting concept for a faux saddle shoe created by the brogue through the single layer with blucher closure and a leather sole. I don't think it would work well in today's market, but it seems everything does come back into fashion eventually.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

What B's are you? I'm a b guy as well and this is a reason why AEs are so appealing because there are only like 5 brands that make quality shoes in my size.... which sucks, quite frankly.

16. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

I'm a 9.5B brannock, and have that size in all my AE shoes save for my Sturgis 2.0's; those are a D width but I wear thicker socks and my feet are none the wiser. ;)

17. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I think that they missed an opportunity. I would like to suggest the following in blue and white, with red tassels and Dainite:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

They're different lasts. The 201 last for the Jefferson 2.0s and the 5 last for the McAllisters. Personally, I fit the 201 last a lot better, and some people who fit the 5 last find the 201 to be a bit roomy. So I say it comes down to how well you fit.

If you have a normal or low instep, the McAllisters are a great bargain. If it were full priced McAllisters, I'd say the independence line is with the extra cost, but at this price, and assuming you fit the last, I'd go McAllister.

19. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Yes and I think that the Liverpool chelsea boot is on the same last as the Cornwallis. One of my favorite lasts. $445 seems like a lot for a simple chelsea but AE has good sales very often. Most likely we'll have to wait for the RDA Sale in October to see these on a good sale though.

20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

The monks are on the 1943; the Chelsea says it's on the "943B" - I assume it's the 1943 with a bigger toe box.

I'm loving the St. John's monks. Want them. Like a double monk version of the Franciscan. But need to get rid of one of my two current monks to justify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.