Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I have the same eyelet problem on my Walnut Dalton seconds, but not as bad. You could try "Double Helix" lacing (http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/doublehelixlacing.htm) to mask the uneven eyelets. The tightening method of pulling two laces on one side at a time is a little weird. I'm still normal lacing because I want to see if breaking in will lessen/exacerbate the problem.

2. alexnb

alexnb Well-Known Member

Ya... that's definitely a production error. The Oak Street is supposed to be a dainite sole. That is pretty shocking it somehow passed the quality inspection.

3. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Thanks. They are pretty dark, almost dark cherry. I'll take better pics in the sun later on this week.

4. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

Great shoes. I think almost all the firsts will become seconds after a few wearings...

5. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

The lugs on that Dainite sole look funny too. I'd send them both back.

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Maybe that's a new style dainite? Anyway, let us know what AE says regarding the two soles.

7. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Walnut Margate today.

[​IMG]

8. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Thanks!

I checked my last year's statement, and the Amex offers used to be $50 off $200, so even these are going downhill. (Sad trombone)

9. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I would send those back - that looks like the crepe sole on the Newberg they introduced this year. Something isn't right. http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/m...s/newberg-double-monk-strap-shoes/SF2776.html Chris

10. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Back at it on a Tuesday. Strand in oxblood
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Veronas. These fit my feet better than any other loafers I've tried. @Neo1, any suggestions for which made in USA loafers fit most similarly to the Italian collection?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2016

12. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@naspratt Fortunately or unfortunately, the Lucca (predecessor to the Verona with a mini-lug) is hands down my best fitting loafer also. I bought the black calf & black suede as 1sts at the same store visit (something I'll never do). Off the top of my head I can't think of anything to compare it to as far as slip ons go. Shape wise I've always compared it to 511 bluchers or bals. They are great shoes - take care of them. Love seeing others talk about how good they are besides me.

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Are you a Shoe-holic? I know more than one of us have admitted to hiding shoes at work to keep the wife in the dark or having new shoes delivered to some address other than our home. Others of us have braved the situation only to be confronted by accusations of being a shoe-holic. But perhaps some of us do have a problem in this area. To that end, I completed this handy "10 warning signs of having a shoe problem" to see where I personally stand against such accusations.

Lying About or Hiding Your New Shoes - Yep! Pretty common in my life.

Buying new shoes to Relax or Feel Better - Guilty.

“Blacking Out” Regularly - Yes, this occurs. Have you ever purchased a pair of shoes only to later realize you already owned this style and returned it for a refund? Yeah, me too.

Being Unable to Stop Once You Start - Does over 20 pairs in one year count as being unable to stop?

Wearing shoes in Dangerous Situations - Suede on a rainy day. What was I thinking?

Neglecting Your Responsibilities - Well, yes, according to my wife.

Having Trouble in Your Relationships - See above.

Being Able to Buy More Shoes Than You Used To - Hell yeah, just watch me go.

Experiencing Withdrawal from Your Shoes - I have avoided this by buying a larger suitcase.

Trying to Quit Buying Shoes but Being Unable to - I don't know. I haven't tried to quit.

Looks like everything is A OK in my world. How about you?

14. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Proxy post. Here's my brother in his Lake Forest oxblood. No idea where he got all the pressure to buy an oxblood color...(I'll try to work on his angles/watch/drink views going forward)
    [​IMG]

15. M2511

M2511 Senior member

@smfdoc I'm certainly guilty of a few of those....

Have any of you shoe buying enablers had success getting shoebank to match prices of clearance items of BB in combination with sales? I thought someone mentioned AE will price match sales any stores are having but I wanted to see if anyone has done it with Shoebank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.