1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Casual Friday in golden brown CXL LBs and faded denim. (Shout out to @parkman24 !!) Swapped out the laces for the yellow ones that came with my Normandy boots. Think I may like yellow better than the red.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

Wow, nice work! Definitely a gamble that paid off. That gives me more faith in taking some bigger risks on the bay.

3. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I've worn these Warwick and PA for about 20 hours each and they developed some creases. I know leather will crease but should I expect it to happen in this stage? Do you gents think the creases on the Warwick look normal?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I cannot speak to the "normal" on the warwick as mine have not yet developed creases (only 12 hours of wear and mostly sitting at work). As for the PAs all of mine have this (3 pairs) and my 5A do as well. Some more noticeable than others. They feel good so I do not think its a fit issue. Others may have more insight into ways to reduce creasing.

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Flying to snowy Denver today for my brother's wedding, so I dusted off the Gobis to travel in.

6. middlepP

We can't all have perfect fitting shoes that don't crease (looking at you, @mdubs ). I am always ok with creasing, especially with the extra volume all of my shoes have. Its the one shoe only or non-uniform creasing that bugs me. Something that can at least help with the appearance: don't use wax-based polish in those areas, as the creases become slightly white and more noticeable.

7. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Almost wore the same pair here in overcast and cold Chicago. Went with the brown Normandy instead. I know there are tons of fans of the suede Gobis, but I think the tan saddle version is just lights-out great.

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

They were my first pair of AEs. My go to shoe when weather is iffy and I'll be doing a lot of walking.

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Realllllllllllly eyeing the double Eagle AND walnut strand golf shoes. Guess I need to pull funds from my 2018 shoe fund...

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

LOL. You remind me of the time in high school I said "come on honey, we both know it's wrong but if we do it just this once we promise to never do it again." Yeah, it sounds dumb but it totally worked.

11. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Ordered a bourbon Carlyle this morning. But now, must take a real break from ordering...

12. middlepP

Bourbon belt? [​IMG]

13. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior Member

Need some advice! I have one space on my shoe rack left. 16 pairs of AEs now and no monk straps.

I'm looking at a clearance Bourbon Mora 2.0 or an Oxblood Warwick (ordered at anniversary sale price).

I plan to wear them sockless because it's more casual and I like the look.

I think the single strap is more formal but want opinions. Appreciate any insight!

Walnut Lexingtons today in Dainite on a casual Friday.

[​IMG]

14. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

I think I will, if they still have any left.

FYI, I noticed that several shoes missing from the shoebank are now back.

15. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I'm not sure that they were ever missing.
    I noticed a few days ago that the "status" selection was defaulting to "current". This meant that the closeout styles were not displayed, unless you happened to notice and change it. And then I noticed yesterday that the default was back to "all styles".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.