Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Out walking in chi town today.... My feet hurt but not as bad as I expected.

Rogues are slowing becoming my favs for casual wear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

Uh oh, I see shoebank has one pair of Bourbon Carlyle's in my size.... Hmmm.....[​IMG]

I just don't want to pass these up. If I buy them, I'll have to not buy any shoes for a few years.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

This is the funniest thing I've heard all week!
    Hang around here with the filthy barn weasels, and I guarantee you'll have another pair by the end of June.

4. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

:D

What's even more weird is before 2015, I had little interest in shoes. 9 months later, I suddenly have 5 pairs and now looking to buy a 6th. I just don't want to tell my wife I bought yet another shoe this year. I keep telling her "well, I am buying these so they will last me 15 years and then I don't have to buy in the future."

5. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation. I bought 8 pairs this year and I have to hide several pairs at once...

6. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Good luck with that.

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

haha....

I just got those cheap Harrisons and threatening to keep a pair of saddle Vernons and my wife goes "at some point... you're going to have enough shoes right?"

hahhahahaha.

"But I didn't have a whole cut or a black stitch cap yet!"

8. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Based on your photo your wife may have a point. That said you never know when that "some point" will be. Well done cleaning up the Harrisons btw looking great.

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Dalton in oxblood for a Friday day. Will probably have another picture of Friday night ...not sure if the Daltons are ready for 16+ hours straight just yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

First wear of the new Strands.
    Outside:
    [​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

Close-up of the scuff. Cream polish and a spoon didn't work, but I don't have any brown paste wax. May need to pick some up and give it another go.
    [​IMG]

All in all, I'm chuffed with these. Will be happier if I can clean up the scuff (just remembered, the other description the SA gave me was, "you know when a cow brushes up against barbed wire?" Which is pretty accurate, I guess?).

11. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

New (to me) Walnut Flatirons from eBay today. I knew they were heavily creased but the price was right for taking a gamble on a last and style I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

[​IMG]

In honor if @smfdoc 's series on how not to take eBay photos, I present the original listing photo that I was able to snag for $14.45. I would argue I'm a big fan of poorly photographed shoes because it usually means they can be cleaned up and look a heck of a lot better than you end up paying for them. I think I was right on these!

[​IMG]
    I had to get new laces and spend some time trying to strip off all the built up wax and coloring. If I get tired of the Walnut I might end up dying them after seeing @mreams99 's pair.

12. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

Nice. Those look horrible in the ebay pic but great after you cleaned them up! Don't dye them, love that color.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  13. Variatio

Variatio Well-Known Member

OMG I am not alone... just ordered 8 pairs... my wife is going to kill me...

14. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

From Wednesday, I try to wear these on walnut Wednesday. They are not walnut, but they are close to walnut. Khaki McTavish. My favorite color AE shoes I own.

[​IMG]

15. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Looking good in your strands. Strands in brown cordovan is actually my favorite model from AE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.