1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

Couldn't have said that any better. I recently found myself reacting to my regret of not purchasing some to buying several pairs during the sale. Even purchased shoes that weren't part of the sale like Dark Chili BB Warwicks because if they didn't fit right I was going to buy the sale version in oxblood. The circle is more like a maelstrom I cannot escape.

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior Member

An hour later, my pair of brown Concordia showed up. Very impressed by how soft these are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

@FaRKle Thanks for the boots my friend. I'm sorry that they ran big on you, they fit me great and I'm glad to finally have something in Oxblood.

I'm sure some of you will cringe at my style choice here but hey, I'm still in my (late) 20's and the work day is over. Time to go grab some food and drinks, have a good evening everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get some sizing advice, I'm a 9D on the 65 last with moderate v gap, I'm looking to get a Cornwallis and Leeds, should I stick to a 9D on the 1943 and 511 lasts? Also does the 1943 last tend to have less v gap for those with a high instep than the 65 last?

Thanks!

5. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

You snagged those from under me by about an hour, maybe less.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

6. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

True. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter a whole lot. And I've already purchased 5 shoes since 2015, so it's not like I really need more. I also don't want to have to explain why I needed a 6th pair to my wife. [​IMG] Also, I've gotten several great deals this last year. Picked up a Leeds 1.0 (2nds) for $137, Malone for $197, Wilbert for $195, and now the Lasalle for $179.

7. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

I bought the same shoe from a friend on here a few months ago, and couldn't be happier. BTW--nothing wrong with your fashion choices, and I'm in my 40s.

8. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior Member

I'm glad they're working out for you! The nice thing about the Dalton is that you can dress it down with denim no problem. Oxblood appears to go well with your shirt.

9. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

Do you gentlemen notice a marked difference in fit between a blucher and an Oxford? I am currently wearing the Oak Street, CXL, 65 last, 10.5D. It seems like they slip as the day goes on. I don't seem to have the same issue with the Rush Street, also CXL, 65, and 10.5D. I am attributing it to style, but it could be only 4 eyelets on Oak Street. Any thoughts?

10. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

My only complaint is the odd discoloration on your right leg... I get honeycombing, but that usually happens around the knees.

11. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

I think that is just from the lighting coming through my blinds. The pant leg is more accurate in the first picture.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

That's what I thought originally.

13. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

@CMT1 So I'll tell you - I was interested right after I first saw the ads. Ordered the Desoto not as a web gem but soon after its re-release. Well, no soon after its arrival was its return. Super disappointed - these DR styles can go either way, some are better than others. I give them an A for effort but this seemed like something designed by a tv contestant over a rushed 2 hour period, not up to AE quality. The material is super soft, but they attach a crazy thin leather sole instead of a rubber sole. But here's the kicker - it runs short (like the 114) and as I walked, I could feel the toe extend past the sole and rub against the ground. I know the toe would have at a minimum developed holes, if not ripped through altogether.

I paid a lot more than what they are going for now. I hope you didn't....and I hope they hold up better for you than I had envisioned - got my fingers crossed for you.

14. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

I can't speak to the 1943 (I lust for the Cornwallis), but if your feet are anything like mine (I too have a moderate v gap on the 65), the 511 should fit slightly better/with less v gap.

Yes. 10.5 D on 65-last bals is bordering on too small/too wide a v gap; my Lexingtons were way too loose until I sank in a bit, and I still have to lace them almost obnoxiously tight.

15. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Here they are. I'm pretty pleased.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There doesn't seem to be a seconds stamp:
    [​IMG]

The only thing I'm concerned about is this rough patch (described to me variously as an indentation and a scratch). Does it look like rough shell or damage to the leather?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.