Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

He's a good boy. :)

A Hennarot E24 passed me today while out for my morning run. It had the S38 front fascia but I was too deep into the groove to turn to look for the badge. Every time I see one, I want one. A friend has a fully restored, concours-level 1988 M6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's perfect. :cheers:

Sorry for going off topic. We're heading out tonight, so jeans + Dundees.

[​IMG]

Have a great night!

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Well, that is totally on-topic for me! :) That looks like a great example!. I know a fair number of West-coast Shark guys. Wouldn't be surprised if I know or know-of your buddy. I finally dragged my car out of the garage after a long slumber and took it for an extended, spirited drive...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  3. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Insanely nice my man. Such a huge fan of that car!

I'll take it to PM when we get back tonight. :slayer:

4. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

How's the fit compared to 65 last

5. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Senior member

Im an 8e on the 5 last and 8.5e, 8.5d, and 8e did not work for me for the cavanaugh. Either the toebox was too tight or the heel cup was too loose. The last the cavanaughs are on just dont work with my foot.
    Im super glad they didnt work for me since im obsessed with the oxblood graysons.

6. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I'm no expert at predicting future prices, but I would snag the Chili 5th. I have a feeling the Strandmok will be discounted at least $50 (i.e. its current price) in the future (probably as soon as this Fall). Also, as a casual shoe, I personally wouldn't freak out by a small imperfection and would look for a second. But that my comfort level, yours may be different.

If I was going casual, I'd probably go all the way and get one of the suede Strandmoks, and I could see those easily going down to $195.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  7. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Yea the Grayson is a looker, I have the Alden tassels in burgundy. I am looking for a Ae leather loafer to replace my shell burgundy kenwoods; to wear with shorts.

8. delmar

delmar Senior member

The black mark on the sole edge or the gap in the welt wouldn't bother me, but the lop-sided misaligned look might.

I just got a pair of 2nd quality Shannon Drives this week. My pair has a crooked tongue and lop-sided laces on the left shoe--the right hand shoe came out perfect. I don't know what the problem is, but AE sure seems to have that lop-sided look on a lot of the bluchers and it seems like it's always on only one side. They are comfortable right out of the box--maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I have. I have been wearing them for walking on my treadmill this week instead of athletic shoes while I'm waiting for a new pair of Asics Gel Kayanos to arrive and my legs feel better than usual.

9. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I have a noob question for you gents. My 8.5D Ascher, 8.5E Strandmok and Mcallister all fit me well, so I ordered Warwick in 8.5D and Park Ave in 8.5E from the anniversary sale last week. I tried on them both today and they fit perfectly everywhere except there's some space around the heel, when I bend my feet while walking I can feel my ankle doesn't completely touch the heel support of the shoe. Should the heel fit my foot more snugly so it can take more pressure when I walk? Is there any negative issue in the long run in my situation for my feet or the shoes?

Thank you gents, have a good weekend!

10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

11. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I am a 10.5D on the 65, and I went to 11D on the Cavanaugh. The toe box is still pretty tight, and feels like it's not quite high enough, but that may be due to loafer from oxford. I have no heel slipage in either.

12. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

I guess I am lucky with my seconds Shannon Drives. Only flaw on mine was slightly darker small spot by the laces near the top. Not noticeable from standing site distance. After some leather treatment it is not there anymore.

I have said it already but I will agree with you here again. These shoes are very comfortable. At this point after wearing them to work 3 times and around the house several times I can say confidently these are my most comfortable shoe - dress, casual, boot, sneaker.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  13. gm928

gm928 Senior member

14. Swiper

Swiper Well-Known Member

Those Dundees look amazing!

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I'm an 8D, but I think I could/should go up a half due to the Brooks poron insole. Its hard to say without trying them on. I just picked up the Dundee in Burgundy Shell, so these would be overkill, but the price on them makes me weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.