Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I use saphir renovateur on all my AE shoes that are not burnished. Based on what I see it take off of others, I'd be surprised if the renovateur didn't take off as much or more of the burnishing.

2. 3lilnags

3lilnags Active Member

Similar problem. A pair of chili Dainite fifths from AE that I previously convinced her I "needed", then 5 pairs from Bloomingdales that I bought yesterday (black and walnut carlyles, walnut Mcallister, brown strandmok, plus a pair of black carlyles for my brother). Zero chance of hiding. Hopefully at 160/pr she'll eventually forgive me.

3. PbgGuy

PbgGuy Active Member

Ugh......cant remember exactly where I saw the details, but im pretty sure it was in this post maybe 10-15 pages back. Someone basically listed about 15-20 shoes that they were offering at like $80 - $100 off shoebank listed prices. I called their thomasville, OH store and placed the order directly. You might want to try calling them and asking for details as to which models are discounted below shoebank prices. They were very helpful when I called. Sorry I dont have more specifics, but maybe someone in here who is more familiar can point you in the right direction.

4. gm928

gm928 Senior Member

Basically the discount is on the models that are currently on sale as firsts on the main AE website. If you see a model where seconds on the Shoebank are more expensive than firsts on the main AE site, you'll be able to get the $80 to $100 discount on seconds if you call or visit in person. For example, Fifth Streets are listed at $295 for firsts and $299 for seconds right now, but you can actually get the seconds for $199 if you call.

5. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ace13x [​IMG]

No there is a sale in the AE outlets physical locations not reflected in the ShoeBank web prices. I posted a link to the original post here: post #3386. Actual original post is here: post #2945.

This sale is how someone got the First Ave Boots a few posts back for $249.
    There you go

6. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Walnut Wednesday around smfdoc headquarters.

[​IMG]

7. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

8. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for re-sharing. I missed out on a pair of MacNeil 1.0's a week ago on the Shoebank, someone called in and ordered them right before me, so $199 for the 2.0s is very tempting.

Does anyone know if Shoebank sales typically follow the timeline of the main website sales? It's unannounced but I didn't know if anyone might have inside information on this.

9. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

10. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

11. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

It seems the coupon was separate (and unfortunately already expired). The prices here seem to match what was listed above. I will call shortly and see what I can find out.

[​IMG]

12. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

Now that my Strands have started to break in I'm realizing that they are a half size long as my feet slide forward a bit in the shoe when I walk (especially with thin socks). Has anyone had any luck exchanging on shoes worn outside, for several months. I seem to recall someone mentioning a similar situation but I can't find the post.

13. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Have you tried tongue pads? This greatly helped the fit on a pair of McT's that are 1/2 size too long.

14. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

I have not but that is a good backup plan if I end up being stuck with them (which I think will be the case).

15. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Those pictures on the BB don't do justice to the shoe. Here is a actual photo of mine. I have only worn them once, but I really like them. FYI, they are unlined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.