Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PbgGuy

PbgGuy Active Member

Well, you guys have gone and done it again. Black Randolphs on the way.

Been trying to shut the AE spigot off, but saw the recent chatter about deep discounts not listed on the shoebank site and, well, you know the routine.

Going to have to explain to my wife that some "filthy barn weasels" are to blame. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

2. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

My problem was that I bought the wrong size, thinking I was an 11D. The 333 has an elongated toe box and a bit wider "pocket" than the 65. I think I'll have to sell them and wait until I can find another Rutledge in my true size (12B)

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I have to size back a 1/2 size for the 108, otherwise the toe box just feels too flimsy for me.

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Walnut Wednesday anyone? These are in need of some TLC, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. feeble

feeble Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

How have none of you filthy barnweasels ever posted anything Walnut?? Joking aside, I'm glad I made the Walnut plunge. The only downside (upside) is that I want at least 3 more pairs in this shade. Happy Walnut Wednesday everyone. (McAllisters)
    [​IMG]

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Atta boy! Those look awesome!

Strands for me today.

[​IMG]

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Hey now!

The Barnweasel by-laws enacted at the 2015 convention clearly state that natural shell cordovan, tan Dublin leather, and other similar hues will, in fact, qualify as "walnut" when worn in the context of "Walnut Wednesdays."

Edit: my whiskers detect the possibility of sarcasm in your post. If so, I apologize for poaching your stash of eggs and oats.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

9. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

I actually ordered the 333 Larchmont in an 11 D myself, so if it ends up working out, I will consider buying the Rutledge from you. I wasn't sure about the burnished walnut look at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

10. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

...and I suppose you'll be snagging some green shells from a European manufacturer not-to-be-named-on-this-thread to match your Starbucks days? [​IMG]

11. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I would take them into an AE store and talk to an SA about potentially getting some stretch action.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Sweet! Let me know! I've only worn them about 10 times. If you don't care for the burnishing, it comes off super easy. I had planned to really lighten them up, but figured if they weren't going to fit, I would let whomever bought them from me decide for themselves what they wanted to do. If you didn't know, they are Independence line shoes, so the leather is insane and the soles wear like iron. I'm so distraught that they won't work for me, they are my favorite pair of shoes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

13. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

I have read some about the Independence line and they sound top notch. That sucks they don't work for you. Is it hard to keep the burnished look while giving these a polish? Something I didn't think of until you mentioned that it comes off super easy.

14. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Ha I should have toned up the sarcasm in my post. What I meant for it to come across as is no one has ever in the history of this thread posted walnut, not just today. The timing of your post prior to mine was my joke killer :)

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They will lighten up over time as any burnish would. I touched them up just a tad after I bought them because one shoe was burnished slightly more than the other, but they look fine now. I think if you make a point to limit the amount of product you get on the burnished seams, that should limit the lightening effect.

Trust me, once you feel the leather on these things, you will be hooked on the Indy line. Other posters will attest, they are at least 2x as nice as the calf shoes in all aspects. Also, plenty of people here have the Rutledge and love them, possibly they can chime in on the burnishing question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.