Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I didn't try it out. I knew I wanted either oxblood or brown (went with this) so Grayson was it. Although chili is growing on me. But no I didn't try out the Ascheson

2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

They look amazing. I haven't made the plunge into shell. The justification to start buying AE in the first place was hard to justify but I'm so glad I did

3. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Looks great! I've loved the Grayson for a long time but never found the right size for my feet. Heel always seemed giant on me and would slip right off.

4. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

How does the size work for you for the Grayson? Is it same as 65 last? always want one pair but it is almost impossible to find one here to try on.

5. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Slightly less snug than the Patriot. The vamp works perfectly for me. There's still a bit of a heel slip going on for me but that should go away. I'm a 9d in both

6. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

Yes, heel slip is something I'm afraid of for loafers while I can get away with that for lace-ups. I'm a 8.5D for park avenue and thinking of getting 8D for grayson.

7. aero25

aero25 Senior member

It must be all the loafer talk on here, but I am starting to take a liking to some where I would never have given them the time of day before. I've seen great pictures of many, so thanks. One I haven't seen is the Bar Harbor penny. Anyone have those?

On a different note, anyone have the Lamarche Terra Dallas? one popped on the Bank and I'm considering it for my first cap toe since I'm a bit brogue heavy right now (2x McTavish and a Rush Street).

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They should break in and the heel slip will dissipate. Otherwise tongue pads help a ton.

9. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I was going to wait until July for the Nordstom Anniversary sale to pick up Park Ave and Strand firsts for what historically appears to be approximately 33.3% off (probably about $265 each for 2016). I just put these into my Bloomingdales cart and the total is 495.55 or about 248 per shoe. Continue to checkout? Hmmmm

10. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm not sure how you got Park Ave + Strands to be $495.55 I just did the same thing and it comes out to $628.05 after tax.

11. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

SHOP25 for promo code

12. M2511

M2511 Senior member

That did the trick. If they had 9.5E I would be hitting "check out".... Surprised they have EE and EEE but not E... figures.

13. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

Too bad they don't have width options...

14. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Every year comes and goes without me doing anything to mark the occasion of Greg "The Shark" Norman's birthday in February. This year was no exception. So here is a belated wearing of my Belmonts. Here's to you Greg!

[​IMG]

15. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Was hoping to be able to use that code for sale items or other brands. Bummed it didn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.