• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look amazing. I haven't made the plunge into shell. The justification to start buying AE in the first place was hard to justify but I'm so glad I did

Soupy

Reaction score
Can't believe it took me this long to get tassels. Grayson in the wild and they are comfortable out of the box. Will only get better during break in.

Looks great! I've loved the Grayson for a long time but never found the right size for my feet. Heel always seemed giant on me and would slip right off.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't believe it took me this long to get tassels. Grayson in the wild and they are comfortable out of the box. Will only get better during break in.
How does the size work for you for the Grayson? Is it same as 65 last? always want one pair but it is almost impossible to find one here to try on.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the size work for you for the Grayson? Is it same as 65 last? always want one pair but it is almost impossible to find one here to try on. 

Slightly less snug than the Patriot. The vamp works perfectly for me. There's still a bit of a heel slip going on for me but that should go away. I'm a 9d in both

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly less snug than the Patriot. The vamp works perfectly for me. There's still a bit of a heel slip going on for me but that should go away. I'm a 9d in both
Yes, heel slip is something I'm afraid of for loafers while I can get away with that for lace-ups. I'm a 8.5D for park avenue and thinking of getting 8D for grayson.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It must be all the loafer talk on here, but I am starting to take a liking to some where I would never have given them the time of day before. I've seen great pictures of many, so thanks. One I haven't seen is the Bar Harbor penny. Anyone have those?

On a different note, anyone have the Lamarche Terra Dallas? one popped on the Bank and I'm considering it for my first cap toe since I'm a bit brogue heavy right now (2x McTavish and a Rush Street).

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, heel slip is something I'm afraid of for loafers while I can get away with that for lace-ups. I'm a 8.5D for park avenue and thinking of getting 8D for grayson.

They should break in and the heel slip will dissipate. Otherwise tongue pads help a ton.

Middlife

Reaction score
For those on the sidelines of the anniversary sale, Bloomingdales is having a "buy more save more" sale (20% off 250-499, 25% off 500-999, 30% off over 1000) combined with a private $25 off per 100 that includes certain Allen Edmonds styles that are already price matched with the anniversary sale, so rather than paying 295 you pay 186 for the shoes below:

Mcallister (black or walnut)
Carlyle (black or walnut)

145 for the strandmok if you buy it with something else to get over 250.

What would be better is if AE matched the "buy more save more" offer. Then you could get all of their colors. I'd like to get some chili strands with a McAllister possibly a strandmok as well. Probably wishful thinking though haha.
I was going to wait until July for the Nordstom Anniversary sale to pick up Park Ave and Strand firsts for what historically appears to be approximately 33.3% off (probably about $265 each for 2016). I just put these into my Bloomingdales cart and the total is 495.55 or about 248 per shoe. Continue to checkout? Hmmmm

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to wait until July for the Nordstom Anniversary sale to pick up Park Ave and Strand firsts for what historically appears to be approximately 33.3% off (probably about $265 each for 2016). I just put these into my Bloomingdales cart and the total is 495.55 or about 248 per shoe. Continue to checkout? Hmmmm

I'm not sure how you got Park Ave + Strands to be $495.55 I just did the same thing and it comes out to $628.05 after tax.

Middlife

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you got Park Ave + Strands to be $495.55 I just did the same thing and it comes out to $628.05 after tax.
SHOP25 for promo code

Dzzzzz

Reaction score

For those on the sidelines of the anniversary sale, Bloomingdales is having a "buy more save more" sale (20% off 250-499, 25% off 500-999, 30% off over 1000) combined with a private $25 off per 100 that includes certain Allen Edmonds styles that are already price matched with the anniversary sale, so rather than paying 295 you pay 186 for the shoes below:

Mcallister (black or walnut)
Carlyle (black or walnut)

145 for the strandmok if you buy it with something else to get over 250.

Too bad they don't have width options...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every year comes and goes without me doing anything to mark the occasion of Greg "The Shark" Norman's birthday in February. This year was no exception. So here is a belated wearing of my Belmonts. Here's to you Greg!

barto78

Reaction score

shades9323

Reaction score

I don't have the Graysons, but I have a different 97 last shoe. I take a 9d in the 97 and an 8e in the 65. Although I would possibly consider sizing down to 8.5d for the loafer to minimize heel slip a bit. The 97 last does have wide heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads