• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodey14

Reaction score
I really like the Madison parks. If they offered a different sole option I'd probably go ahead and order a pair.

My 5As are waiting on me at home so I'm excited to pop those out.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's more a matter of the shoebank deleting all of the shoes that didn't have pictures than adding pics for shoes that were previously pic-less. For example, all of the special makeups for Harry Rosen stores in Canada used to be on the 'bank without pictures, but now they're just gone. I actually ordered a pair of brown pebble-grain Bloor Streets from the 'bank without a picture. I was curious enough to Google them and found the pic on Rosen's website, and then ordered from the 'bank. They were hard to pass up during the previous seconds sale at under $200, and they even came with shoebags. I haven't worn them yet, but here's a pic:
They have pictures for the Nordstrom and Harry Rosen exclusives on the Shoebank now.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my tan suede Strandmoks today. These are an earlier version of the Strandmok. When I got these, Strandmoks came in tan suede or blue suede. The tan version has off white rubber soles and heels with olive green trim and came with both tan and olive green shoelaces.

gm928

Reaction score
They have pictures for the Nordstrom and Harry Rosen exclusives on the Shoebank now.

I still don't see any of them in my size, where there used to be a bunch. I just looked at some other sizes, and you're right, there are some of these with pics now. Maybe they're slowly adding them back?

barto78

Reaction score

Does anyone here have both the Verona II and the Gucci classic horsebit loafer?  How do they compare (in comfort, quality, and appearances)?

Curious about this too. Have a brown pair of Ferragamos and was thinking about AE pair in black

FaRKle

Reaction score
In-person to the San Francisco store. Admittedly, my wife returned it, but still, it was in-person, and they charged her the fee.

Good to hear I am not the only one who was unaware of this.

IIRC that policy went into effect last year. It can also probably be waived if you have a good relationship with an SA or two (I know I've done ship-back returns to the shoebank and had the shipping fee waived before...).

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I currently own two Luccas & 1 Taormina. Had that Gucci a long time ago but not anymore. Curious to get an opinion on this also.

2. I found the guys from the san Fran store very rigid & unaccommodating. Doesn't surprise me.

3. I tried a few of the JN9 golf shoes. I'd say go TTS or even a half size up, these ran tight with the insert & cushion.

FaRKle

Reaction score
2. I found the guys from the san Fran store very rigid & unaccommodating. Doesn't surprise me.

The first couple times were like that for me too. After the third or fourth visit though, they know me pretty well and are very helpful.

Last edited:

HealthActuary

Reaction score
I can't be patient anymore, but the wait will be worth it...

I tried an 8E oxblood cavanaugh last week... last doesnt work with my foot.
I upgraded to an 8E oxblood grayson... BEAUTIFUL loafer, BUT too long although width is perfect.

I'll have the 7.5E oxblood graysons by Thursday evening... I truly hope that size works out for me.

On a negative note, one of the latching mechanisms for my strand briefcase broke "slightly" (still usable, but the latch is now at a higher risk to fully break sooner than later which bothers me considering this briefcase has the ability to last a lifetime other than the latching mechanisms), BUT the amazing people at the AE store I frequent assured me that it would be fixed at no charge.

Gosh I love AE...

Last edited:

whodey14

Reaction score
Just got the chance to open the 5A and I'm disappointed. What can I do to get a replacement? 4 or 5 scuffs and some discoloration. My 2nds look nicer after repeated wears.

whodey14

Reaction score

Thats just one shoe

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which shoes should be straight laced vs traditional? I plan to do so with my 5A but what about strands?

My usual is to straight lace an oxford that the v-gap is fully closed and cross lace everything else. Sometimes a certain shoe just looks better to me one way or the other so it's not a strict rule.

whodey14

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads