Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I think it's more a matter of the shoebank deleting all of the shoes that didn't have pictures than adding pics for shoes that were previously pic-less. For example, all of the special makeups for Harry Rosen stores in Canada used to be on the 'bank without pictures, but now they're just gone. I actually ordered a pair of brown pebble-grain Bloor Streets from the 'bank without a picture. I was curious enough to Google them and found the pic on Rosen's website, and then ordered from the 'bank. They were hard to pass up during the previous seconds sale at under $200, and they even came with shoebags. I haven't worn them yet, but here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

I really like the Madison parks. If they offered a different sole option I'd probably go ahead and order a pair.

My 5As are waiting on me at home so I'm excited to pop those out.

3. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

They have pictures for the Nordstrom and Harry Rosen exclusives on the Shoebank now.

4. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wore my tan suede Strandmoks today. These are an earlier version of the Strandmok. When I got these, Strandmoks came in tan suede or blue suede. The tan version has off white rubber soles and heels with olive green trim and came with both tan and olive green shoelaces.

[​IMG]

5. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I still don't see any of them in my size, where there used to be a bunch. I just looked at some other sizes, and you're right, there are some of these with pics now. Maybe they're slowly adding them back?

6. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Curious about this too. Have a brown pair of Ferragamos and was thinking about AE pair in black

7. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

IIRC that policy went into effect last year. It can also probably be waived if you have a good relationship with an SA or two (I know I've done ship-back returns to the shoebank and had the shipping fee waived before...).

8. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

1. I currently own two Luccas & 1 Taormina. Had that Gucci a long time ago but not anymore. Curious to get an opinion on this also.

2. I found the guys from the san Fran store very rigid & unaccommodating. Doesn't surprise me.

3. I tried a few of the JN9 golf shoes. I'd say go TTS or even a half size up, these ran tight with the insert & cushion.

9. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

The first couple times were like that for me too. After the third or fourth visit though, they know me pretty well and are very helpful.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

10. HealthActuary

HealthActuary Senior member

I can't be patient anymore, but the wait will be worth it...

I tried an 8E oxblood cavanaugh last week... last doesnt work with my foot.
    I upgraded to an 8E oxblood grayson... BEAUTIFUL loafer, BUT too long although width is perfect.

I'll have the 7.5E oxblood graysons by Thursday evening... I truly hope that size works out for me.

On a negative note, one of the latching mechanisms for my strand briefcase broke "slightly" (still usable, but the latch is now at a higher risk to fully break sooner than later which bothers me considering this briefcase has the ability to last a lifetime other than the latching mechanisms), BUT the amazing people at the AE store I frequent assured me that it would be fixed at no charge.

Gosh I love AE...

11. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Just got the chance to open the 5A and I'm disappointed. What can I do to get a replacement? 4 or 5 scuffs and some discoloration. My 2nds look nicer after repeated wears.

12. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats just one shoe

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

My usual is to straight lace an oxford that the v-gap is fully closed and cross lace everything else. Sometimes a certain shoe just looks better to me one way or the other so it's not a strict rule.

14. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

15. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Damn...that's just sloppy workmanship

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.