Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

I'd look for a pair of Madison Parks. They are on sale at Nordstrom's for $244. And you can find them at the Shoe Bank as well. I believe they are all down at the bottom with no pictures. I just got some seconds and they look great and fit better than the 65 last on me. They are made on the 222 last. I got the Dark Chili and they look really good.

2. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I wore dark chili McA's with dark jeans on Monday, and I thought they looked fine. I've also been known to wear Bourbon Strands with jeans. I would not wear black oxfords with jeans, and I wouldn't wear a PA or FA of any color with jeans, but the broguing on the McA or Strand makes them OK; at least in my book. There are probably several sartorial experts who would disagree with me, but they probably don't wear jeans, anyway.

3. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Anyone?

4. stifler

stifler Senior member

5. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

Excellent, thank you.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Love mine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

Walnut Wednesday with my Rutledges.

8. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I'm a little worried about that 1943, especially since it is a bal so the gap will be obvious if it's bad. And I read poor Melissa the riot act, so I really don't want to have to send them back. She intercepted the package so brown ones will be on their way soon. We'll see how it goes.

We high instep people have to stick together. Seriously, that's the one thing about this forum that can be of actual use. I love the education on shoemaking and people's fashion choices are cool to see, but if you don't have a store nearby getting fit well is always a journey.

My first attempt at AEs were 511G and I crush the ball and toe. Same on the 5 last. I got some Rogues and from the instep to the heel they fit perfectly, width is fine in the forefoot, and there was plenty of room at the toe. They still fit perfectly 8 months later. If you try them, let me know how that Hopkinson fits. Bal vs. Blucher, afterall, but the cone definitely comes up earlier in the 201.

9. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I agree that the brogueing goes better with jeans. I think a strand is a perfect shoe to go with denim, and I wear dark chili rogues mostly with denim. And I also agree that I don't care for a cap-toe with jeans. Too bankerish. But for me that's personal preference.

I am learning a lot of denim goes a lot of places it didn't in the past. Especially where I live, which is pretty laid back. I was at the opera last night and saw at least a half dozen people wearing jeans. One even had the hipster turned up cuffs thing.

10. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

that's a nice pic and even nicer shoes.

11. shoelover

shoelover Senior member

With the secondary market for Allen Edmonds being so weak, does it make sense to use the redrafting service any longer where you can get like new shoes in the same model for less money?

12. parkman24

parkman24 Senior member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

This is purely an observation and nothing negative, but a lot of you guys have small feets.

14. 22busy

22busy Senior member

Here is my take on Bleeker vs Dundee. I have the Bleeker and it does fit/look more fitted and sleek than the Dundee. I tried on a Dundee at the store this weekend and it does look more round in the toe by comparison. Here's were the SA messed me up. I'm a 10E. The store didn't have a 10E so the SA gave me a 9 1/2E to try. It fit like a glove. Wrapped around my foot with no play, but not binding either. He said there is no difference in the width, only the length? I walked out confused and decided to revisit it another day.

BTW, it was the loden suede Dundee. Now I want one. Great color and look in a chukka.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Theoretically, that should be correct. Most people also size down a 1/2 size from a shoe to a boot. As I've gotten farther into the shoe game, I realize that I probably could've gone to a 11 C or a 10.5 D for my Gobis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.