• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelescrest

Reaction score

I have 3 pair of the AE no shows that are made by Marcoliani.  They are great socks and when i bought them they were buy 3 pair get 25% off, so it was basically like getting a pair free if you bought 3.  They're on sale, so you can buy just 1 pair to see if you like them first and not have to worry about buying 3 pair to get the savings.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/clothin...10S.html?dwvar_SF3310S_color=3310S-07#start=5

Thanks, I didn't realize they sold no show socks as well. Almost $20 for invisible socks? Whew.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My new to me chili Bradleys and my new Orient watch that I will Frankenstein into an Omega Seamaster Acqua terra look-a-like.

barto78

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't realize they sold no show socks as well. Almost $20 for invisible socks? Whew.
I own 3 or 4 different types of no show socks and these are by far the best pair that i own. They were the most expensive by far, but they are also the best by far.

whodey14

Reaction score

Walnut First Aves

Soupy

Reaction score
Looks like the McGregor was a popular choice around here today! Wearing my Dainite Brown Burnished McGregors that are still breaking in on this wet, casual Friday.

tmchow

Reaction score
On my to buy list are walnut strands. Unfortunately not in this sale.

Just got a pair of bourbon McAllisters last month that I really love. They are a bit too dressy to wear with biz casual at times which, for me, is darker denim and a button up shirt.

I'm on the hunt for something a bit less dressy. Suggestions? was conserving the 5A but think it's not versatile enough. Then considered the Strandmok 2.0 suede, but not loving the colors

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got a pair of bourbon McAllisters last month that I really love. They are a bit too dressy to wear with biz casual at times which, for me, is darker denim and a button up shirt.

I'm on the hunt for something a bit less dressy. Suggestions? was conserving the 5A but think it's not versatile enough. Then considered the Strandmok 2.0 suede, but not loving the colors

I may be in the minority but I never wear a suit. Having said that I'd have no issue rocking PAs (any color but black) with any of my business casual outfits. If you like the style, go for it. Rules are more like guidelines, right? :)

Soupy

Reaction score

I agree with SLCRich, the rules are just guidelines so if you are digging the McAllisters then go ahead and rock them. If you want a little more casual then you could pick up a blucher. The McGregor seconds are on the Shoebank right now in a lot of colors depending on your size for $137 and the Lexington might work too for you at $157.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear my bourbon McAllisters all the time with dark denim, but that's my individual style. I personally think that's a very versatile shoe in color and style. IMO, it's more casual than the 5A for instance (although a dark chili 5A would be a great choice considering the sale). Maybe you could look at the Strandmok in tan? Someone posted a pic of that shoe a few pages ago and I think it might be just what you are looking for. I have it in the brown and love them and they get tons of compliments. Or wait until the Nordstrom Anniversary sale to pick up a pair of walnut Strands?

Another option could be the McTavish.

CptStern

Reaction score
I may be in the minority but I never wear a suit. Having said that I'd have no issue rocking PAs (any color but black) with any of my business casual outfits. If you like the style, go for it. Rules are more like guidelines, right?
smile.gif

SLCRich inspired me join after lurking a long time. I am also in the minority, wearing denim probably 4 days a week to work so my shoe selection is more for comfort. I started with a nearly new Wilbert from Ebay $60. Those developed a small issue and AE recrafted them for free. Between the comfort, quality, and customer service, I am hooked. I think I am up to 5 or 6 pairs.

My issue is I have a difficult time justifying the cost for the amount of use they get. A new pair of shoes for each cruise is reasonable right? I do have to say all the Oxblood talk and pics has me looking.

Since I am in Florida, what I really need is something I can wear with shorts. Suggestions?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I search Ebay for Florsheim cordovan. I look for Hanover too.
Carmina, J Crew and Leather Soul are also on my list, just to name a few.
From Alden to Zenga I search from A to Z.
And even though I find a few great pairs, none of them fit me.

So when at last I find my size, and at a price I can afford.
I’ve learned to act immediately to the impulse I can’t ignore.
Because if I wait to give it thought and to weigh the pros and cons,
I’ve learned when I finally log back on the @#$%^ *&^% things are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads