Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

As unofficial oxblood week comes to an end, it was either the Dalton or McGregor. Mother nature decided to rain/snow and I'm babying my Daltons so McGregor it is. Back to the shoe tree convo, why do shoes in boxes, in the stores not have them in? Just curious more than anything. Is it because they haven't been worn that often? I'm sure they've been tried on in the store, right?
    [​IMG]

2. columnsofsteam

columnsofsteam Active Member

11.5 B there, too. I needed an 11 B on the 333, and either 11 or 11.5 is OK on the 108, but 11.5 B seems to work everywhere else.

3. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

Thanks, I didn't realize they sold no show socks as well. Almost $20 for invisible socks? Whew.

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

My new to me chili Bradleys and my new Orient watch that I will Frankenstein into an Omega Seamaster Acqua terra look-a-like.

5. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

I own 3 or 4 different types of no show socks and these are by far the best pair that i own. They were the most expensive by far, but they are also the best by far.

6. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

[​IMG]

Walnut Cavanaughs on a casual Friday.

7. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

[​IMG]

Walnut First Aves

8. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

Okay, I'm sold. Thanks!

9. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

[​IMG]

Chili McGregors first day in the wild. Iced Americano. Happy Friday.

10. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Looks like the McGregor was a popular choice around here today! Wearing my Dainite Brown Burnished McGregors that are still breaking in on this wet, casual Friday.

[​IMG]

11. tmchow

tmchow Senior member

On my to buy list are walnut strands. Unfortunately not in this sale.

Just got a pair of bourbon McAllisters last month that I really love. They are a bit too dressy to wear with biz casual at times which, for me, is darker denim and a button up shirt.

I'm on the hunt for something a bit less dressy. Suggestions? was conserving the 5A but think it's not versatile enough. Then considered the Strandmok 2.0 suede, but not loving the colors

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I may be in the minority but I never wear a suit. Having said that I'd have no issue rocking PAs (any color but black) with any of my business casual outfits. If you like the style, go for it. Rules are more like guidelines, right? :)

13. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

I agree with SLCRich, the rules are just guidelines so if you are digging the McAllisters then go ahead and rock them. If you want a little more casual then you could pick up a blucher. The McGregor seconds are on the Shoebank right now in a lot of colors depending on your size for $137 and the Lexington might work too for you at $157.

14. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I wear my bourbon McAllisters all the time with dark denim, but that's my individual style. I personally think that's a very versatile shoe in color and style. IMO, it's more casual than the 5A for instance (although a dark chili 5A would be a great choice considering the sale). Maybe you could look at the Strandmok in tan? Someone posted a pic of that shoe a few pages ago and I think it might be just what you are looking for. I have it in the brown and love them and they get tons of compliments. Or wait until the Nordstrom Anniversary sale to pick up a pair of walnut Strands?

Another option could be the McTavish.

15. CptStern

CptStern Member

SLCRich inspired me join after lurking a long time. I am also in the minority, wearing denim probably 4 days a week to work so my shoe selection is more for comfort. I started with a nearly new Wilbert from Ebay $60. Those developed a small issue and AE recrafted them for free. Between the comfort, quality, and customer service, I am hooked. I think I am up to 5 or 6 pairs.

My issue is I have a difficult time justifying the cost for the amount of use they get. A new pair of shoes for each cruise is reasonable right? I do have to say all the Oxblood talk and pics has me looking.

Since I am in Florida, what I really need is something I can wear with shorts. Suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.