Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

[​IMG]

How about a Stand in black shell?
    [​IMG]

Or a Cornwallis in brown shell?
    [​IMG]

Or a MacNeil in brown shell?
    [​IMG]

2. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

Sadly that exactly my thought :)

3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Similar situation for me with my Daltons. Quite snug in the forefoot area, but once the leather warms up a bit they're fine. I'm pretty sure with more wears, it will improve. No such issue with the Sauk (201). Definitely more volume in the forefoot. Out of curiosity, what do you take in the 65?

In my case (Dalton vs Sauk), They measured the same, but again visually they appear (to me anyway) longer. Was wondering if it carried over to the First Ave, or if the cap toe made that moot.

4. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

That extra $50 over the other Anniversary sale goes a LONG way.

5. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

BALLIN'!!

6. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

All treed, all bagged, no boxes. Boxes just take up so much space and are aesthetically a no for me.

7. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

:censored: :bounce2:

8. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

9. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I have to go up in width from from 8E to 8EE on the 65, which unfortunately limits me a bit :-(

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

11. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

now that it's warming up, any recommendations for what no show socks I can wear with my AE Cavanaughs? I also have a pair of Maxfields.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Guys, if any of you want a walnut Strand, I highly suggest you wait until the Nordstrom anniversary sale (mid July). I got mine last year for $265.

So I spent last night going through the shoes that my dad bought for my brothers wedding. He picked up McGregors in black, bourbon and walnut, a black Rouge and dark chili Lexingtons. The suit he's going to wear is a dark charcoal with a very light tan pin. The black McG's had a stretch mark on the vamp, so those were an immediate no go for me. The walnut McG's had a fit issue where one shoe fit like it was a size wider than the other, so those were out. The bourbon McG's had a small error on the back of the of the shoe where the back seam is slightly misaligned, but otherwise is the most beautiful bourbon color that I've seen. He really likes the fit of the Roughes and the color of the dark chili.

So my question is, what shoe should he wear/keep? I, as most of you gents, don't really wear black shoes often unless it's a formal occasion (which I guess a wedding is) and IMO a black Rogue is somewhat counterproductive because it's a semi-brogue derby, which obviously is a more casual style. I told him that if he wanted a black shoe, that he should go with a PA, a PTB or even a Flatiron. I told him to keep the bourbon McG's and the Lexingtons and wear the Lexingtons to the wedding. What says you gents?

13. columnsofsteam

columnsofsteam Active Member

[​IMG]

Chilly morning (by southern standards, at least) with rain in the forecast gives me one last chance to break out the Dainite Daltons.

Both these and my First Avenues are an 11.5 B, and while the First Avenues feel appreciably roomier and incrementally longer, I think I actually prefer the fit on the Daltons. The initial snugness at the ball of the foot has subsided after ~6 months of wear, and they seem to fit better around the ankle.

14. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Nice looking boots! What do you wear in the 65?

15. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

I have 3 pair of the AE no shows that are made by Marcoliani. They are great socks and when i bought them they were buy 3 pair get 25% off, so it was basically like getting a pair free if you bought 3. They're on sale, so you can buy just 1 pair to see if you like them first and not have to worry about buying 3 pair to get the savings.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/clothin...10S.html?dwvar_SF3310S_color=3310S-07#start=5

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.