Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Is it just personal preference or a legit reason behind not wearing dainite to formal functions like you mentioned.

2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Fifthy barnweasels for sure. What's stopping me from getting chili fifth aves now??

3. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

4. feeble

feeble Active Member

Hmm, thanks for the comments re: Dainite v regular soles.

I hadn't thought about dark chili, was gonna go black or brown, but the chili is growing on me.

5. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey all - long time lurker and novice owner of AEs. Wanted to show off a style I haven't seen much of on here that I was skeptical about but think I like a lot.

New tan standmok joined the family today and I worked from home to intercept the package. For sure a Friday shoe so I will show off on at the end of week. Fit in a 12(d) perfectly, if a little "too good" for a new shoe, my PA's are a bit more snug even after a couple years. First quality from sale this week look perfect. Now waiting for UPS to drop my first McG chili I have OTW.
    [​IMG]

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I have a dark brown pair and it is probably my most complimented shoe. I was in ATL for a trade show last week and I slipped them on after I was done working the booth for the day and received at least 2-3 comments / day, in the elevator, Braves game, dinner with customers, etc... Super comfy.

These do fit looser than my other 5 lasted shoes in the same size. I assume it's due to the fact that they are unlined.

7. feeble

feeble Active Member

Just ordered a pair of Fifth Aves in Dark Chili. I'm excited to get em. Ended up going with the traditional oak sole to give myself the option of wearing them in a more formal setting without worrying about it.

Just a note, this sale price hit the front page of a well known website that promotes sales or good deals. So if you're worried about getting your size, I wouldn't wait long.

8. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Well-Known Member

Wearing my Rush Streets on this not quite Walnut Wednesday.

[​IMG]

9. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Breaking in the new flatirons today. Creasing is much more obvious on the left shoe at this point. The creasing itself doesn't bother me at all, but I wish it was a little more balanced. Perhaps the right will crease more in time.

10. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

And the "walnut" color on these is definitely darker than my strands, while also including some nice tiger striping for character.

11. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

I don't understand why broguing makes a shoe less formal? I know this is stated as traditional rule, but being new to the high end shoe game, why is that?

12. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

The history of the brogue being made for walking through water and unpaved roads out in the country.

13. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

Yep, I am familiar with how brogueing was used for wet conditions originally back in history, but did not realize that is why brogue shoes are considered as more if an informal shoe. Thanks.

Jesus I think I am addicted. I just ordered new second quality (tiny blemish on upper) pair of olive Shannon drive LWB AEs off ebay for 100 bux shipped. My firest buy from Steve's shoes and the price is fabulous.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

14. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Hell yeah! FINALLY somebody posts a pic of these. Thanks for posting this...Ive been looking for as many pics of these "in the wild" as I could find...they look great..mine are on the way too.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

15. whodey14

whodey14 Senior member

Just confirmed my order for fifth avenue dark chili with the dainite sole. Pretty good deal and marks my tenth pair of ae shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.