1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Remember those $50 Harrisons I picked up?

Here's the pic from the eBay listing:
    [​IMG]

Here they are after I tree'd, cleaned, conditioned and polished them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are with their other adopted Independence cousin, the Hopkinson (paid $80 shipped).

[​IMG]

Finally got a black captoe and my first black AE shoe.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I got them for $127 as well, around the same time. I recall seeing that guy's post with photos of them which definitely helped sway me in the right direction. They do tend to run a bit narrow. I got an E width which is usually perfectly adequate, but I think an EEE may have been the optimal choice for them. Either way, I love them.

3. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

[​IMG]

Jst got here today. One of my biggest AE steals. A pair of firsts Allen Edmonds Cornwallis oxfords for $255. I think I'm actually happier with this pair than my AE Chili 5th Avenues that I got on the AE Anniversary Sale...

4. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Was about to put these away for the season and then the weather turned. Got to wear 'em twice this week :) I don't get to wear these often but they're one of my favorites. AE should launch a 'Connoisseur's Collection.' It would include a balmoral boot, Chelsea boot, gunboat, spectator and an opera pump. Multiple suede and shell options would be offered.

[​IMG]

5. BackInTheJox

Very jealous! They are the next shoe on my list, but I've been waiting for them to come down in price. I have them in Walnut and absolutely love them. Really want a pair of them in brown, and would've jumped on the $255 deal if Bloomingdales had E or EEE widths.

6. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    A few small drops of rain won't hurt these guys.
    This is my only monk strap shoe, and I like them a lot.

4 people like this.
  7. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

Thanks to @Mreams99 & @ Pudman43 for their advice on turning Bourbon into Dark Chili a few pages back. Much appreciated!

2 people like this.
  8. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

It's amazing; bitter chocolate can go from looking like a really dark brown to an almost vibrant color that I would mistake for snuff or brogue suede in some lighting.

9. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Before I bought these, I was hoping Nordstrom would put them on sale as part of their 2016 Anniversary Sale this July. Who know. Maybe they will. And they actually do have EEE widths. They look amazing in walnut too. How are yours holding up?

10. BackInTheJox

That would be great if they did.

My Walnuts are holding up well, although I've only worn them 2-3 times so far (they're still fairly new).

11. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Out walking in chi town today.... My feet hurt but not as bad as I expected.

Rogues are slowing becoming my favs for casual wear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Uh oh, I see shoebank has one pair of Bourbon Carlyle's in my size.... Hmmm.....[​IMG]

I just don't want to pass these up. If I buy them, I'll have to not buy any shoes for a few years.

13. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

This is the funniest thing I've heard all week!
    Hang around here with the filthy barn weasels, and I guarantee you'll have another pair by the end of June.

2 people like this.
  14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

:D

What's even more weird is before 2015, I had little interest in shoes. 9 months later, I suddenly have 5 pairs and now looking to buy a 6th. I just don't want to tell my wife I bought yet another shoe this year. I keep telling her "well, I am buying these so they will last me 15 years and then I don't have to buy in the future."

15. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation. I bought 8 pairs this year and I have to hide several pairs at once...

1 person likes this.
  16. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Good luck with that.

1 person likes this.
  17. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

haha....

I just got those cheap Harrisons and threatening to keep a pair of saddle Vernons and my wife goes "at some point... you're going to have enough shoes right?"

hahhahahaha.

"But I didn't have a whole cut or a black stitch cap yet!"

1 person likes this.
  18. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Based on your photo your wife may have a point. That said you never know when that "some point" will be. Well done cleaning up the Harrisons btw looking great.

19. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Dalton in oxblood for a Friday day. Will probably have another picture of Friday night ...not sure if the Daltons are ready for 16+ hours straight just yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

First wear of the new Strands.
    Outside:
    [​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

Close-up of the scuff. Cream polish and a spoon didn't work, but I don't have any brown paste wax. May need to pick some up and give it another go.
    [​IMG]

All in all, I'm chuffed with these. Will be happier if I can clean up the scuff (just remembered, the other description the SA gave me was, "you know when a cow brushes up against barbed wire?" Which is pretty accurate, I guess?).

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.