1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior Member

Thanks for the recommendations, gents. I recently kopped a pair of bourbon McAllister 1sts during the bourbon clear-out. Have them with the v-tap for wet weather. Not having a rainy day shoe in burgundy (or some close variant), and sufficiently satisfied with the bourbons, I figured the current sale was a good time to add a merlot v-tap. Will keep an eye out for Cambridge 2nds... maybe I'll get lucky.

2. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

I have a pair of bourbon McAs with dainite that I'm wearing right now as my rain shoe. If you are looking for a melot shoe, try and find a good deal on a Hopkinson.... as the others have stated, the Indy line shoes are insane compared to the standard calf.

I've seen some Cambridges show up on the bay from time to time. That's where I'll be getting any shell shoes that I chose to invest in.

3. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

Awesome carpet with even more awesome shoes. Side note, first softball game of the year last night and I pulled every muscle in my body. Should be a good season
    [​IMG]

4. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

I received my AE Shell Strands yesterday and i wanted to get your input on whether or not i should send these back. There are 3 issues i have with the shoes and wanted to see if i'm nitpicking over nothing or if i should be annoyed this happened on a pair of shoes that cost nearly $700.

1. There is some fraying on the leather on the outer portion of each shoe.
    2. The cap toe portion on the right shoe is not straight and is curved
    3. The broguing on the shoes is uneven. One shoe has it starting just slightly higher than the other. It probably would never be noticeable once the shoes are on my feet, so this one is just me nitpicking.

Thoughts/Feedback?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. barto78

Are those Chili Strands?

6. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

Dark chili is so awesome.

7. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

[​IMG]

A big day today. Will be seeing one of my all time favorites at MSG, David Gilmour. So, naturally, I went for something that's super comfortable and can take a beating. AE Aberdeens for BB.

Have a nice day everyone!

8. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

Are those 10's or 10.5s? If they are 10s, I'd say you are being overly picky and they are beautiful. If they are 10.5s (which happens to be my size) you might want to send them back, as those flaws make them candidates for the Shoebank and sale at a discounted price.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

I thought you knew me better than this :(
    It very well could be the lighting, but they are oxblood. Having said that, after seeing the chili Yorktown, I'm chili envious. And excited to get my first walnut shade on Friday :)

10. barto78

:)

That's why i asked the question. I haven't branched out o Oxblood or Chili yet. Planning on calling local store today to order the Chili Carlyle's. I'm now up to 9 pair of AE and i think i need to slow myself down. My wife is starting to get upset that i'm spending so much $$ on shoes and i haven't even told her yet about the Shell Strands that came in yesterday....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

11. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Just bucking all of the oxblood talk with walnut Rutledge.

[​IMG]

12. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

What last are the Aberdeens on and how do they fit compared to the 65? I really like the look of them and have been on the lookout for a pair.

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Quote:
    [​IMG]

14. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Some walnut back-up, @smfdoc ... Walnut First Avenues.
    Treated with Bick 4 and Meltonian Cognac; topped off with flat laces courtesy of @Deusis (Guarded Goods).

The stiffness of the grain version was brought up yesterday. After wearing the brown grain recently, and these today, I can say with certainty that my walnut calf are much much stiffer for me.

Also, I wore similar pants (these are a subtle light blue pattern rather than gray) last week with burnished chili boots and commented how the pairing was a little too contrasting. Not so, at least IMO, with the walnut boots. Really diggin this look!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior Member

Wearing my khaki McTavish today. I think these are my favorite AEs I own...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.