1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

OXBLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

2. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior Member

What is it about the Park Avenue that makes the nose of the shoe want to curl up? It doesn't happen with any of my other AE's or other shoes. I've seen it in a lot of pics also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. naspratt

naspratt Distinguished Member

Do eeeeet!

+1000000

4. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Happy Friday, gents! Super casual for me today - plus I needed a little extra comfort after lots of walking, standing, and traveling the past couple of weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. middlepP

Also, if I get out of the office at a reasonable time this afternoon, I plan to swing by my local AE store. Thinking about picking up the Sea Island. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Already own 2 pairs of Kirkwoods (and Maritimes, Addisons)... but for some reason feel like I have to have these. Don't feel great about the cost of the non re-craftable line but at $100, this might be the time to bite. As a comparison, I paid less than $125 on 1st quality cxl Kirks.

6. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

Anyone have Warwick in Dark Chili? With a pair of merlot McAllister and oxblood PA I'm thinking something different. Thoughts on this vs oxblood? It's only money right?

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

I would toppy them right away then never have to worry about the resole...the suede will get crappy before the sole wears out..heels can always be replaced

8. RichieP

RichieP Senior Member

Shoes vs. wheel bearings? FFS man, I barely know which end of the screwdriver to work and even I know those are important!!! Fix that stuff.

9. M2511

M2511 Distinguished Member

I'm not sure I follow? They are not suede. They have the brooks brothers warwick in dark chili on the shoebank.com. I pulled the trigger on these. I figure if I do not like them I can send them back (less $10) and go with the oxblood. Worth the risk IMO considering potential $100 savings and a color I don't have.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

10. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior Member

But imagine yourself in some loden suede chukka's while you fix them (or in my case, pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix them)

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

I think he meant to quote the question about the Sea Islands instead of yours.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

Lol I quoted the wrong one....it was for the suede loafer that is not recraftable...sorry about that

13. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior Member

Yeah...I was just being melodramatic (sort of.. [​IMG])...I had already stopped by and made the appointment to have them fixed tomorrow morning. I love to look good, but first things first. But every cloud has a silver lining: I do plan to use my shiny new wheelbearings to drive myself to the AE store and browse/place my order after I leave the mechanic shop tomorrow!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

14. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior Member

Have them, really like them, wear them quite a bit. The combo sole is a big bonus, and the 201 last has enough volume that the poron insole is not an issue. The color is much more subdued than oxblood, but they go with just about anything. Just posted a picture of them last night (go back a page or 2). I got them for $99 on Black Friday, but they are still a great deal at $199. Enjoy them!

15. middlepP

Not a bad idea, @Kahuna75 . And thanks @MattRiv for piecing things together. I'll report back what I decided - assuming the store has any non-D width sizes available to try on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.