Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Why you lucky bastard.

2. harlequin782

Those were my thoughts exactly...that is the same conclusion I came to last night....which is why I've all but finalized my decision to go with a reasonably discounted tag team combo of that Tan Strandmok (which I figure will be alot more versatile than the suede strandmok 2.0), and the navy Dundee that keeps calling out to me. And I might be able to prolong the purchase of the Dundee since it's not technically a part of the Anniversary sale.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Haha!!

Yes.

Yes, you do. I have 5 chukkas with two more on order.

4. harlequin782

I hope you folks here never take it upon yourselves to counsel drug addicts...your enabling ways would have their lives in shambles!

5. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Drugs are cheaper and less addicting.

6. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

Back to AE today. Winfields...
    [​IMG]

7. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@harlequin782 I hate to do this to you, but if you have the use for it, I'm totally with captain Kenilworth on the Dundee -I would not pass on that for the price. I have a couple suede shoes in my arsenal, all very nice, I just never wear them. Totally different story if you could fit them in.

8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Another day another dollar watching the leaderboard. Casual Friday with a little class coming from the Mora 2.0.
    Also, anyone have the MacNeil 2.0? I think I might go with that one over my original Grayson thought...
    [​IMG]

9. K2793

K2793 Senior member

can anyone provide ideal belt recommendations? since i have a lot of different colors, should i aim to get a belt for each shoe, or whats the best way to go about this? would like to not break the bank on belts if possible. i have chili fifth aves, bourbon strands, and brown fifth aves/park aves. anybody have some good belts they'd recommend to pair with these?

10. harlequin782

You're killin me smalls...the pressure is too much...I literally should be spending that money on getting my wheel bearings replaced...now I have to decide whether I want to put the money on being able to drive safe or look good walking...hmmm..decisions decisions..but I guess as long as I get from point A to B it doesn't matter if I spend it on the Dundees right now. Or maybe I can get one Dundee and one wheel bearing for now if AE will let me buy a single shoe by itself. I still have to work out the logistics of it all, but I feel as though I'm at such a pivotal point in my life right now. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Depending on size, I would recommend checking the clearance section first. You can pick up any belt on clearance for $49, which is a smokin deal compared to full or sale price.

12. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

If you have a store/outlet close to you I would start there. Brown basic wide belt is a good starter. Then something in chili since it goes with a lot. If you are planning on adding any reds/merlot/burgundy then get a merlot. I would get a bourbon last maybe even after a black belt since bourbon is discountinued and you can match it with a brown/walnut, etc if need be.

I stuck with my brown basic wide and merlot basic wide for the longest time (have mostly browns and merlots/burgundys). Just bought a bourbon belt on clearance.

13. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

You have a tax return money coming, right? There ya go!

As a fellow 5+ chukka club member, I say DO IT!

14. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

The bourbon manistee is on sale for $49, perfect for your Strands.

I bought an essentially brand new chili wide basic on ebay for $40 and have picked up several belts that way lately as they come at severe discounts and typically have minimal noticeable issues.

15. M2511

M2511 Senior member

3 Belts, some McAllister Merlots, 2 shoe trees later... I think I might need to block the AE website or I'll end up with warwicks at the end of the day too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.