1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwearkilts

Iwearkilts Member

That's what I'm hoping for.. AE QC somehow let this beautiful pair of boots slip by their fingers, and ended up in an outlet store by mistake. ;)

2. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Been a hectic couple of weeks for me with a weekend vacation sandwiched between two work trips. Been in AEs every day, just haven't had time to post.
    Today it's Bob's Chili Bleecker Streets. (This is pushing the shoe-pants contrast for my taste, though the pants are much more gray than the white they appear.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Seriously? I think you answered your own question here. And I'd be saying this for firsts too.

4. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

I was just getting into AE when the Bleeker Street was out, and I'm sorry I missed those.

5. Middlife

Middlife Senior Member

I have a pair of Brown Calf Strands in 8.5 EE which I've realized are a tad too long (I think I need to drop down to 8 EE). It sounds like they may fit you quite well. I think I will sell these at some point so if you are in the market for another pair of strands let me know.

6. danwatts2005

Seems like somebody here was looking for a golden brown Humboldt belt recently, but they were out. They've added several sizes back as in stock.

7. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

I wear a 10d in the 5 last and pretty much every other shoe i've worn since i was 16 years old, so i went with size 10d. The shoe slipped a little bit when i first wore them, but after the 1st wear they no longer slipped. I've only worn them 2 times since i received them, so the slippage went away fairly quickly for me.

Hope this helps.

8. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior Member

Picked up some Bourbon 5th Aves yesterday - firsts for 177.00. Total steal on clearance and quite possibly my most comfortable shoe yet.

[​IMG]

9. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

MTO'd brown shell Bradleys today:

[​IMG]

10. Soupy

Soupy Active Member

Happy Wednesday to everyone. Not a Walnut Wednesday for me this week, instead it's the maiden voyage of my (seconds) McGregor in Burnished Brown with a Dainite sole for $137 from the shoe bank. The eyelets looked awfully misaligned at first but after re-lacing as discussed a few pages back it's not a problem at all. They were also terribly noisy out of the box but some leather conditioner on the tongue quieted that right up. Overall I'm extremely pleased with the "seconds" quality of these. I don't love the burnishing which makes them darker than I typically like, but I plan to not reapply black polish and over time that should wear away and just leave the nice brown leather.

[​IMG]

11. CatBelly

CatBelly Member

12. danwatts2005

[​IMG]
    I usually don't think far enough ahead, but I decided to get in on Walnut Wednesday this week.

13. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior Member

looks awesome, is that the rutledge?

14. danwatts2005

I wish. That is the Hale. My first AE.

15. DeathandTaxes

DeathandTaxes Well-Known Member

Not exactly Walnut Wednesday, but close with these McTavish in "Brown Distressed." These were a pair of seconds that I almost didn't keep, but they have turned into a favorite that almost always draw compliments when worn.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.