Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Spring allows me to break out the brown shell strands. (With a leather sole and many other boot options the strands get put into reserves for winter). Forgive the wrinkle pants, time rarely allows for a proper pressing these days.

[​IMG]

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Ok, to sum up, you are disappointed in both the fit and color and the remaining sizes they have are not the ones you suspect you need. I think you may have answered your own question. [​IMG]

Having said that, heel slip with all shoes, including loafers, usually improves a bit over time as the sole developed flex. So unless you have a return deadline, you might continue test driving them on carpet once you return from vacation and see if you note any improvement.

3. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Thank you!

@MattRiv mine don't have the red/orange undertones that chili can have. But I am a huge sucker for chili/dark chili, nevertheless :)

4. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

toast

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

5. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Brown Shell. First pair. Excited to receive them.

6. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the color. I would have just preferred they been the reddish/brown color i have seen elsewhere. I actually decided to keep them and am currently wearing them. The heel slippage has lessened over the last hour. I still plan to get a tongue pad and see if that helps the fit . Right now, the shoe is a little tight on the instep, so i need to get that broken in first before i put a shoe pad insert there.

7. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

[​IMG]

On my commute to work this morning, two people managed to step on my foot in a half empty cart. It's going to be fun trying to fix this, as it appears that a thin layer of leather was scraped off.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Some color-matched creme and a lot of brushing will minimize it. I dropped something on my Alden WT boots and nearly had a conniption when the sharp corner left a hole in the top of the boot. A few months later I hardly notice it.

9. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

You should've used the blood of the offending misstepper to match the color.

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Do we need to bubble wrap our shoes now?

11. gm928

gm928 Senior member

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

I was lamenting missing out on the natural cxl belt on clearance, so I went back again, just to check. I put in my size, and it said there was stock, so I clicked on the belt, and three other sizes showed up, but not mine. For some reason, I clicked on of those, and my size appeared as in stock. I snatched it up. Now I'm waiting either for the belt or a note saying it wasn't available after all.

13. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

AE should bring the Sanford back!

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I believe that burnished brown means they just add polish to the shoe (mostly the tip) and it covers up a lighter color underneath. Neutral polish and wear will get it to a true color. The polish just burns off. There was a color here that AE had that was basically polish on top of walnut (bob's chili?). Guys commented that their formerly darker shoes had turned orange walnutty.

15. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.