Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

They have spec-like data sheets in the computer they can pull up if they want, depends how enthusiastic they are. Only thing that would get him in trouble would be if he badmouthed the brand or another brand or if scarlet posted the guy's name and said he let him take back a worn pair because it was the wrong size. Then he'd be in the hot seat.

2. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Brown Strands today. First 65-last shoes I owned, and haven't gotten a pair since that fit as well. Wish I had as much room in the forefoot in my others as I do these:
    [​IMG]

Also, these had some damage to the piping when I bought them off the bay, is this something a competent cobbler can fix? (Of course, that means I would need to be able to find a competent cobbler...)
    [​IMG]

3. Maxy

Maxy Senior member

Thanks, looks like I'll pass, my feet are never comfortable with thin soles.

4. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Well, i received the RL (AE) Singleton's today and my heel in both the L & R shoe slip a fair amount. The sides and front of the shoe feel great, but my heels are slipping out. I guess to be fair, i am wearing a pair of wool blend socks, so that might be aiding in the slip. That said, the question i now have is do i go down in size to a 9.5 D or just return them altogether.

Also, the color is not close to the reddish/brown pair we saw earlier in the thread. Sadly, i think that particular shoe was a one off and the burnished brown calf look (as you see here) is all they currently make.

[​IMG]

Anyone have any advice on what i should do? Ralph Lauren doesn't have the 9E or EEE in stock, so my only bet is to go for the 9.5D which i think will not be a proper fit.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Merlot Sanfords for a Tuesday.

[​IMG]

6. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Try tongue pad. The pad will take up space and push your foot back a bit.

7. barto78

Pardon my ignorance, but i've never used a tongue pad before. Is that something i can put on the shoe and not worry about it messing it up in case i decide to return them? I would assume yes, but i would also assume there is an adhesive involved to keep it's position on the inner tongue area. I'm currently wearing them in my office to see how they feel before i decide to send them back before i go on vacation tomorrow.

Thoughts on where i can get a tongue pad? Walgreens/CVS/Walmart, etc....?

8. barto78

No need to respond....I just googled tongue pads and there are tons of threads on multiple websites discussing this very topic.

Thanks for the tip/suggestion on the TP's. I'll give them a try.

9. otterhound

otterhound Senior member

Those are hands-down the most beautiful PAs I've ever seen. Love the color.

10. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

I'll just share my experience: I tried some tongue pads that i got from an AE store in my Strandmoks which were two letters to wide. They didn't really solve my heel slip issues, but they did make the tops of my feet ache after a while. When I tried to remove them, they left quite a bit of sticky and fuzzy residue behind which I haven't been able to remove.

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

They look quite similar to the dark chili PAs I have on right now.

[​IMG]

12. matwa

matwa Senior member

Walnut McGregor on a Spring day

[​IMG]

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I feel so lost when I can't post my AE look. Warwick in oxblood. Team lace less is pulling me closer and closer
    [​IMG]

14. barto78

I can't wait for their spring sale so i can pick up a pair of the Dark Chili Carlyle's. Once that pair is purchased, then i will just need a black pair and my collection should be fairly set until the Fall. I'd like to go ahead and buy them now, but for $100 savings i can wait a couple more weeks. My Shell Strands should be in next week and i just sent a Brown pair of 5th Ave's off to get re-crafted. I'll be up to 10 pairs in a little less than 4 months.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

What color Strands did you get? I want a shell pair so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.