Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

A pair of brown/olive Shaker Heights Boots popped up on the bank in my size for $127. I am super excited to get these and try them on, I've heard so many good things.

2. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

[​IMG] I've done the navy sox with dark gray slacks mistake many a time.

I don't have the Hagerstown, but the low top moc variant. Really impressed with the chromepack upper. It is nice, thick, smells great and surprisingly breathable. This moc will look great with age IMO.

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Nice! They are wonderful shoes indeed.

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

My new bourbon McAllister seconds that I saved from tiger stripping. Really big fan of the color/style combo on this shoe. Really good shoe for the dainite sole.

5. BackInTheJox

Thanks for the input on belt seconds everyone. While I was dragging my feet, however, unfortunately somebody already purchased the belt I was looking at (Humbolt Ave in brown CXL). I bought a natural colored one during the belt clearance, and wanted to go back afterwards and get a brown one, but they were sold out on the main site. There was one left in my size on the shoe bank, but that is gone now too. Bummer.

6. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

If you were looking for a 34, I'm sorry, but it's holding up my pants.

7. BackInTheJox

I was indeed! [​IMG]

8. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

If it makes you feel any better, I seem to have missed out on the Natural. Maybe we could just trade back and forth.

9. BackInTheJox

Deal.

10. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

I know it sounds funny but I kind of like a little striping. I have a couple stripes on some first quality MacNeils I just bought and I think it gives them a little character.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Payed my AE rep a visit on my way home from my folks' house to drop off my First Aves - he is going to get heel plugs inserted in them to cover up the irritating stitching on the inside.

My rep is a cool guy, he let me take a sneak peek at some of the future models, like the austerity brogues and the chelsea boots, as well as providing other interesting insider insight. Not sure how much I should blab on here though :O Don't want to get him in trouble.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  12. david 112358

david 112358 Active Member

my wife has been talking about taking a day trip to Seattle... Maybe the Belvue store is a good trade!

Portland only had Nordstrom, and I'm tired of having to buy shoes so they will order them, just to find the right size. While I'm willing to have them order for me when I know it fits, I don't like having to order 4 pairs to get the right size.

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    When searching for great deals I find I’m always one step behind.
    Dalton’s made of unicorn skin or Park Aves for 59.
    “The shoe banks got a tremendous sale. They’re giving them away.”
    I call the store about my size; “You should have called here yesterday.”

“We had your size stacked to the roof, a truckload or even more.
    But then we shipped out most of them and sent the rest out to the store.”
    The good stuffs gone and will not return. There’s only AAAs and belts in 58.
    When I call the refrains the same; “You should have called here yesterday.”

14. alexnb

alexnb Well-Known Member

Future models? Always excited to hear about what is coming up. Spill the beans!

15. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

While I'm all for a good deal, I looked at these in the store and understand how they dropped all the way down to the current price. I don't think they were worth it to begin with and on top of that, they're a camp moc but a boot, with a thinner than normal sole. Too weird for me. Having said that, the normal version of this (Northland) seemed to be much more heavy/solid than I expected - if that thing ever went down to a lower price I'd probably give that a try even though it's not really my style. Maybe it's just that since I never buy stuff online and constantly come across these deals one way or another it's harder for me to get impressed. I saw a pair of Carson City 1sts over the weekend at NR for ~$66 (not in my size of course). I will say if you're really looking to pick up something on this clearance sale, I'm surprised more people haven't had interest in the Steen. That's a pretty solid model for a really low price, and I know a lot of people like the Mora 2 - these fit really similarly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.