1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc808314

cc808314 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Today is one of those rare days when I have to wear a suit. So went with black PAs.

2. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

Hey fellas, I've got a question regarding returns...

In January I bought a brown Park Ave from a retail location in 8.5E. I have two other AEs - Strand and McAllister - in the same size that I bought three years ago in 2013 that are nice and broken in. These new Park Aves are definitely smaller (I measured the sole and they are about a quarter of an inch skinnier). I've worn them about 5 times thinking they would break in, but now having measured it I don't think the 5 last really fits my foot. Back when I was new to AEs I probably just suffered through it until they broke in.

Bottom I'd like to exchange them for a different shoe on a different last, but I'm not sure if that would fly with the store. Does anyone have any experience with this, suggestions or ideas? I plan on calling them today but wanted to poke around here first.

3. gm928

gm928 Senior Member

Bourbon Daltons.

[​IMG]

4. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

Is the Shoe Bank at Port Washington the same as the Customer Assistance Center, or are they two different places with different inventories? I'm thinking of taking a drive...

5. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior Member

Two different places. Customer Assistance Center is just their customer service line to take orders. If a pair of seconds is listed as being there, it's in a warehouse in a different part of Port Washington that you can't shop around in. If you called a few days ahead of time, I would think they could move any pairs you want to check out from the warehouse to the Shoe Bank.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016

6. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior Member

Park Shell.

7. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior Member

Keep them, you could end up with a worse pair. I have a couple pairs like that and no issue.

8. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

Thanks!

9. middlepP

middlepP Distinguished Member

Happy Friday, gents! Chili Shakers today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior Member

My first pair were like this. They're now in their 5th year of use. I have recrafted them since, but not any sooner than my shoes that were properly stitched in the channel.

Which isn't to say I haven't rejected in store or returned deliveries of shoes that came like that. In my mind, the company is sure to have a model for sale without this defect, and I'd rather pay the same amount for one without than one with. Maybe a silly principle, but if my cost of exchange (including time spent) is less than the value of the time spent thinking about my off-channel stitched sole, I exchange it. Which is to say the majority of the time I exchange it.

But I'm looney. So take that into consideration. [​IMG]

11. burnham

burnham Active Member

Bought my first pair of quality shoes. I went ahead and got a pair of Allen edmonds strand in the colour oxblood. Right now I'm trying to adjust the leather to my feet. Here are some pictures of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior Member

13. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior Member

If these are seconds, I'd be jumping for joy that this is the defect. If these are "firsts", I wouldn't bother returning them.

14. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior Member

Damn those look nice.

15. Paniolo

Paniolo Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait for the Shoe Bank to have a bourbon or walnut with dainite in 11E in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.