Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Do you know the style numbers?

2. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

I have the same issue. Try 12C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

The shoes in the YouTube video are Khaki (Grain) McTavishes, like mine......

[​IMG]

4. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    A week or so back I discussed the 333 last and gave a description of the 1943 last I received from Paul Grangaard. Mr. Grangaard said:

"For me anyway, the 333 had a pinch in the little toe, a long extension beyond the toes that could cause the shoe to curl a bit and to break across the captoe itself (and I could catch the long toe and trip) and it was flatter through the instep. So, essentially, it had the three problems that we fixed in the 1943. However, no two feet are the same. It's possible that the 333 was a great fit for you and I'm not disparaging it. The 1943 should fit a 333-fitting foot as well as a broader range of feet types. That's why we re-did it."

I said I would report on a comparison between the 333 and the 1943 when it arrived. Sadly, the 1943 fit me almost the same way the 65 does. Very tight across the vamp and the V opens to over an inch at the top. From my now very limited experience the 1943 does not work at all well for my high instep in a balmoral lace. Given the tightness of the vamp, I doubt it would work with a derby lace either.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Here's a picture. They're my most comfortable and bullet proof pair:

[​IMG]

6. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Some people have too much free fricking time.

7. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I'm sorry. I do not know the numbers. Those two were discontinued quite a while ago.

8. BL70

BL70 Senior member

Also there was brown distressed 4105.

9. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

Are they lined or unlined? I found one similar pair at Brooks Brothers, tan color but they are unlined.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I did have a lot of free time yesterday. Home on bed rest due to a medical condition.

They're lined. this leather is very soft but very tough. Hard to pair with anything but light or black denim, but super comfortable.

11. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

This is great, thanks for the info and everybody else for posting, extremely helpful as now I can just search by model number. It sounds like I'm interested in the 4035,4045, and definitely 4047. The McTavish definitely looks like a very nice shoe. The first thing I did when I woke up this morning after wondering about the tightness on the pinky toe yesterday... I thought about it and I was wearing regular socks, a little on the thick side (dickies work socks). This morning I put on dress socks, way thinner. With the dress socks fitment is no issue at all. Pinky/little toe feels fine even on my left foot which I think my left foot is a very tiny bit bigger than my right. So I think if I want to keep these Neuomks fitment def won't be an issue.

I'm extremely torn about keeping this color. It actually is pretty cool lighter brown. I can wear it with literally anything. I know with a suit it might not be the best shoe to wear, but definitely would be passable with the traditional brown laces in (I have the red in right now). Debating more.........

PS - thanks again all for the info on the McTavish. I still am in the market for a VERY light brown, more of a light tan than a brown (almost yellowish I'm thinkin) like that vid I posted. So maybe I like all of them, but if I keep the Neumok my goal would be get a khaki 4047 as I think that's definitely a lot different color than these Neumoks and diversifies my shoe portfolio better. I have some black dress boots and some black passable dress shoes I can use for a while so not interested in black/dark right now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Anyone know the model number on the crackled McTavish?

13. BL70

BL70 Senior member

to answer the question from a few days ago about not raising the ire of my significant other... For me its been a combination of the right timing and bargain hunting. I've generally bought shoes with 'found money.' My first pair were with gift cards, and several others were either gift cards or just picking out my own birthday gift. I also have never spent over $300 on a pair, and that includes 5 first quality, and 3 seconds which were under $200. The firsts were either clearance, RDA sales, or Amazon discounted prices.

14. Amercs

Amercs Active Member

My AEs for the day, picture before I got my coffee...
    [​IMG]

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Another short-lived AE model - the Parliament. One of the most comfortable AE shoes I own (on the 678 last) and rubber Executive sole perfect for rainy days.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.