Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

The spring sale (on firsts) should start sometime in mid-late April, right? Or is it the 04/08 date I'm seeing here and there online.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

After a few light coats of VSC, my walnut Strands are now prepped and ready for the 2016 spring/summer engagement party and wedding circuit. While I do regularly employ the Mac Method of damp wiping and brushing Shell Cordovan, I can't remember the last time I used actual product on these shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are now two years old and I love the color character they have developed.

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always!

3. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

Agree. Adds a ton of diversity to his line up. I'd either go Strands again or Carlyle if you want something different than what you have.

4. nbj08

nbj08 Senior member

Absolutely beautiful. I'm envious!

5. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Dayum!! Those are gorgeous. I'm kind of turned on right now.

6. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks guys. They are my favorite AEs without a doubt.

7. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I recently bought a pair of Rutledges on the 333 last and I now hear it is being discontinued. Newer modules, like the Yorktown and Cornwallis, and built on the 1943 last, which is never described on the AE website with the other lasts. I brought this description omission to the powers that be and asked why the 333 was being discontinued. Mr. Grangaard responded thusly:

"For me anyway, the 333 had a pinch in the little toe, a long extension beyond the toes that could cause the shoe to curl a bit and to break across the captoe itself (and I could catch the long toe and trip) and it was flatter through the instep. So, essentially, it had the three problems that we fixed in the 1943. ... The 1943 should fit a 333-fitting foot as well as a broader range of feet types. That's why we re-did it. Please try it on in a Cornwallis sometime and, if you don't like it, send them back."

Well I don't need to be told something twice, so a pair of Cornwallis in walnut are on the way. I shall report on the fit and a comparison with the Rutledge on the 333 if appears there is any interest

[​IMG]

8. 22busy

22busy Senior member

Some of what he says makes sense about the 333, but I'm not buying it about the Cornwalis. I tried it on last year and had the same gap that I get in my Strand. The Cornwalis is a beautiful shoe. It might be worth it to dial in right size. Let us know how this works out.

9. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

I see the dark chili strand on shoe bank and I remember reading it was sold at Nordstrom but I don't see it on their site or Allen Edmonds, is it discontinued or sold somewhere else?

10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Some more info would be very helpful, such as what is your primary wearing concern: formal, business, casual etc. Are you opposed to boots? What about suede?

11. npcomplete

npcomplete New Member

Thanks. I got them during the one day 40% off sale BB had in December so they are firsts. I had a send back a few pairs as they were worse than the seconds I bought in other styles--tiger striping, creasing, mismatched welts (one shoe brown, the other black) etc. I finally contracted AE customer service and they made sure I got a good pair. I'm happy with these now.

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

So many questions, I'll start with these.

What is VSC?
    Your writing references shell. Are these shell?
    Are these really Walnut? They look darker.
    Can I get effect with different colors?
    If I send my shoes to you, will you send them back looking like these pics? Please?

13. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

I have a pinch in the pinky toe as well for the first couple dozen steps in my University. It always goes away, and my feet have never hurt at the end of the day. But everytime I leave shoe trees in and draw out the moisture, it comes back to be worked out again. I've never tripped over it or anything, and it doesn't bother my instep (my v-gap at this point is almost completely closed). I still want to try the 1943 and see if the pinch goes away. That would be nice.

14. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Interesting. It may just be old Nordstrom stock finally assessed and distributed.

15. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

8E for 65 fits me perfectly even thought my brannock says I'm 8.5 - 9 and between and C and D but 65 last is long and narrow. I guess I'd have to go with 8 D for the 333.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.