1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

I get this done before wearing them outside. I wear the shoes around the house for a week or so, they start to mold a bit then get a topy or vibram added.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

The Park Ave on the 65 last does not fit well and the vamp is too tight for me. The Rutlegde on the 333 is larger and fits me very nicely. Given my limited experience with two shoes, I would say you would certainly not go up in size for the 333 last and you well may be going down.

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    "What beautiful shoes!"
    "Thanks" and the conversation starts.
    Mission accomplished.
    [​IMG]

4. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Anyone with experience the old 0 last, eg, the Bel Air?

5. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

The 000 - really limited, going based on memory. It worked well for high arch but way too much room / width in the front. I'm pretty sure the 234 was supposed to be its derivative.

6. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

What is the CAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

Customer Assistance Center I believe is what that refers to. Basically their customer service center attached to the factory in Port Washington, WI.

And, I too have noticed many shoes disappearing within the last day or day and a half.

8. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I've got a pair of Kingsleys that are on the 0 last. I feel that they have a narrow, pointed toe box.

9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@mreams99 Definitely agree about the narrow pointed toe - I'm not the best person to comment on this - it had that Grayson - like toe but too much room elsewhere. Just completely wrong shape for me.

10. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Strange lighting, but rocking some dark chili Madison Parks with my Strand Briefcase at my national medical specialty meeting. The shoes look a lot more red (and uneven on the vamp) in this light than usual.

(I wore my Walnut Sandersons yesterday, which actually matched the bag.....)

[​IMG]

11. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

Brown Strandmoks for an IKEA trip today. I didn't like the fake burnishing on the toes, so I've been treading them with brown shoe cream for the past few months.

[​IMG]

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Something I've always wondered: If you get a pair of shoes made, can you opt out of the distressing??? I am not a fan, and I am sure others are with me on this.

13. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that I can ask them not to distress them when I get these refurbished. However, I can't seam to wear down the dainite soles...

14. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Those look great! I have Dark Chili McAllisters, and I also notice the reddish a lot, but I like it.

Love the bag, too! I just told my wife yesterday that I want one. The only problem is that I wear a charcoal overcoat in the Winter, and I really don't want a black one. The tan is amazing, but I don't know how it would look.

15. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

What can I use to make my Rush Streets a little darker? They are a little too light for my taste. Can I use brown wax or cream?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.