Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

If anybody attends mine, I'll be lucky if they aren't wearing the aforementioned sneakers.

2. Uncle

Uncle Well-Known Member

If you need to borrow a pair in an emergency, you can choose either 1985 refinished Black Strands, or the fairly new 2015 Park Aves. They are sure looking pretty on the shelf! But those Strands...so comfy!...Have to take them out every now and then! A conundrum in the making!

3. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site and thread when I was learning (still learning) how to dress as a grown up (I'm 33 in a few weeks for hells sake.) And you're right again, the more I think about it, when I reach for either of my black pair of shoes I always think to myself x would look so much better.

The aforementioned sneakers would have been the best looking pair of shoes in my closet 3 months ago. Now they'd probably only be top 5 or so :)

4. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

Is there any concern for the longevity of the leather then? I want my brown boxanil pair of "The City" to last just as long as others.

5. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

I have no experience with the boxanil leather. I remember at least one other person who has the city in brown. Perhaps they could chime in. As with any premium leather AE chooses, I wouldn't think longevity an issue with occasional conditioning and proper storage between uses (as with suede, nubuck, dublin, or any of the rough collection leathers).

6. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

I had no idea there was such a thing as a sleek sneaker, and I have no problem with the sneaker looking like a sneaker. It isn't a dress shoe, nor is it a tennis or running shoe. I'm also having trouble understanding what you mean by "too mature." Having said that, dark colored sneakers will always look strange on most people to me. I wore them for a while when younger and it was an unwise move. I look at pictures and ask myself what I was thinking. Only the dark skined gentleman needs to attempt them, and these would certainly look odd on an ultra white guy like me wearing khakis in the summer, no matter what their design is. I like the suede without the captoe much better for summer wear, and I still think the brown cap would work great for me on week ends with khakis. I would have to see how they feel and look on my foot I guess. Perhaps I'll just get an old school pair of Reeboks in royal blue.

[​IMG]

7. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Can anyone please explain to me why the boca raton is still 299 on shoebank? I would love a pair in walnut, but not at 299 when the shoe has been replaced with the leiden. This is an irritating oversight, I believe.

8. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

Quick question: If I wear 8E for 65 last (5 last), which size I should go for 333 last? My local store doesn't stock shoes with 333 last.

9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@redmusic1 There are others like that too (Sturgis comes to mind). I actually had a different question - I feel like the 7D selection was reduced by 40% almost overnight. How infrequently do they update that site?

10. npcomplete

npcomplete New Member

[​IMG]
    AE for BB chili warwicks. First wear

11. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I just noticed the same thing. It looks like about 40% to 50% of the shoes in my size disappeared from the Shoebank in the last 24 hours.
    Is there some secret sale we don't know about?

12. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

It looks like shoes from the CAC are missing. Perhaps it's a glitch.

13. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Depends - how well does the 8E fit?

The 333 is wider across the ball, a bit longer (pointier), and has a bit more overall volume. 65 in 11E is an OK fit for me, a bit too wide at the heel, but 11D is far to narrow for the 65. The 333 in 11D is my best fitting AE shoe. The 333 is TTS for me, as are the 108 and 201.

Thus, if the 65 is perfect for you, it's a toss up; either 8D or 8E could potentially work (I'd go with whatever your brannock size is). If the 65 in 8E is OK but a bit tight, the 333 in 8E may be your new favorites. If the 65 is on the looser side, I'd say go down to 8D. Sight unseen, of course - YMMV.

14. BL70

BL70 Senior member

Am I crazy or were chocolate Daltons on clearance a few months ago and then gone? I saw they were in the spring ad and now back on the website. I thought they had discontinued them.

15. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Very nicely done intro.

Chili is a great / interesting color, Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.