Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL70

BL70 Senior member

I don't think there's an option. All the dainite are black as far as I know.

2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

E uses a red Danite sole on the natural CXL Clark Street.

3. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

AHere you go fellas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New AE sneakers landed at my local store. Honest opinion is I hate them. Too mature, very wide toe box, not sleak at all and they run short. 13c in the 5 last the 13 in the sneaker was too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Also they manager advised me that there will be another price increase some time before the end of the year. Sucks i know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Great AE model.

6. nqtri

nqtri Senior member

Ok, I've called AE on the phone and was told that if an external cobbler puts on the vibram or topy protectors, it would void the warranty and hence the shoes would not be recraftable. But I heard some otherwise stories. Could someone please confirm this?

7. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

My honest opinion is I hate them, too. This is one step away from a Run-DMC video.

Regarding another price increase, I would bet that it won't be on the regular line, but I could be wrong. I would figure that they would increase something they skipped this time. All I know is, the sales had better be good.

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Wow, those really are ugly.

But they may be a viable option for wide feet.

I'm hoping I can fit the EP trainer so I can get in on the radica calf preorder.

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Quick question for my new best friends.  Why does black get such a bad rap?  This is coming from someone who is absolutely addicted to oxblood mind you.  I do have two pairs in black, the Dundee 2.0, and a chelsea boot from Wolverine.  Is it because they are so simple looking?  I admit, black shoes do bore me to a certain degree, but they also have that "this guy means business" attitude too that I like.  

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

10. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

Warranty: What warranty? If you mean sending back, that depends. I sent back some Leeds that I had put a Topy on after months because they just weren't leaving my pinky toe alone. Mind you I had some other Leeds in the same size just different color that are fine now. They took them back and exchanged them for another pair without problem. I do buy online only though. Some people have posted differing experiences with store bought shoes here recently though.

recraftability: AE can say what they want. A Topy just can't make it non recraftable. Maybe they thought you wanted to get a resole at a local cobbler. A Topy just gets glued on the existing sole and can be removed before you send them for recrafting and they probably wouldn't even notice. If you have them resoled at the cobbler then they might actually not be recraftable depending on what the cobbler did to them as there are different methods that different cosbbler may use. For specifics you might want to search the old AE thread. It was described before.

11. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

I have very wide feet. I bought shoes like that once because I needed some shoes I could ruin at paintball. Business trip so no appropriate shoes with me. Cost me all of 9EUR tax included. Looked about the same I'd say lol

12. danwatts2005

I wouldn't necessarily say that black gets a bad rap. My opinion is that most people here feel that black has a purpose, but people who wear it every day lack any adventure in their wardrobe. If those same people would just put on a tone of brown, their eyes would be opened.

I used to wear black shoes a lot, most especially with blue and gray pants. Since I've been exposed to AE and Styleforum, I bet I haven't worn my black shoes in ten months. I have bought 11 pairs (last one on the way) since joining here, and I still don't have any in black. I keep thinking I need to add a black PA or FA to the list, just in case I have to attend a funeral, but there is always something better for my money.

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Solid answer @danwatts2005 and I agree. Black just doesn't have the same depth as other colors

14. danwatts2005

I was just getting ready to edit my post to say that those black sneakers are a whole different ballgame.

15. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

If people attending my funeral are only in black shoes, I'll haunt them all for the rest of their lives. That might be my only funeral request, no black shoes. (once again nothing against black, but...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.