1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattRiv

MattRiv Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark chili PAs showed up today that were the replacements for my mis-sized bourbon pair. The shade on these shoes is incredible.

2. manowar

manowar Senior Member

Under this lighting I'm afraid these are far from a match. Not only is the shade different but I don't see the exotic leather as being even remotely in the same family as the brogue stylistically. The bourbon strand is an awesome shoe, I wish I had gotten a pair. Just noticing, it looks like you have some slight tiger striping on the vamp, which does not look bad in my opinion.
    I too, am (obviously) a fan of the brown Norwich. I returned like three pairs of them in disappointment after a horrible fitting experience. The suede Strand is an underrated casual option.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

3. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior Member

Those look great! I hope you enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed mine.

4. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior Member

Beat me to it. I was going to say that since JAB had this design and called it Lamont, I would assume it was named after him.

Seriously though, I've wanted that shoe for a while, but I've yet to find a decent pair in my size.

5. nbj08

nbj08 Senior Member

Thanks all for the interest in the cordovan Daltons!

I was also going to list on eBay a pair of new and unworn dark brown Strands size 10.5D. These have a leather sole, and I've replaced them with a dainite sole version.

Since the Daltons got a lot of interest, I'll post the Strands here too:

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have questions!

6. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Damn my size 8 feet. I sure hope these don't go to some unworthy shoe heathen.

7. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Toes are overrated, just sayin'

8. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Hmmm..., I suppose I could shave a little off the top. Its only a third of an inch. Its probably too late to start foot-binding.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016

9. polojock615

polojock615 Senior Member

Nope. Green shell MacGregors.

10. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Senior Member

I always check Allen Edmonds clearance after reading this thread. Today I bought an Ascher in bourbon and McGreggor in Walnut burnish for $350 total.

I have an AE in town so they are going back if they are not perfect! While on the subject I've had several less than stellar experiences with buying 2nds. Sticking to 1sts now.

11. gatszu

gatszu Senior Member

That's what I thought, too...

12. nbj08

nbj08 Senior Member

13. 22busy

22busy Senior Member

I don't have the Rogues, but I did just receive my Thomastowns today, a blucher on the 201 last. They fit me perfectly with dress socks. I received the Freiburgs yesterday. They are also a perfect fit with crew socks. They are a tad roomy with dress socks.

I think I may have a new favorite last. I haven't tried a bal yet, but so far they fit the ball width nicely, and are accommodating to my instep. Not too tight. They didn't seem any longer to me than the Strand. Just roomier in the front. The heel width is just right.

I may have to explore other shoes on this last. Off to start shopping for my next one...

14. cegusa

cegusa Member

I always have the sole protector installed before I wear them the first time. Provides a nice clean and even surface for them to adhere to. The cobbler sands them a bit to prove a slightly pours for the adhesive to bite into. Vibram makes a very nice thin version that has a slight taper near the back of the sole protector which makes for a very nice transition to where it's ends and meets the leather sole.

15. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a pair of walnut Daltons off of shoebank in dainite in 10B, and after I placed the order I realized I'd never clarified the color of dainite. I was half expecting to wind up with something like orange or red, which is totally not how I intend to wear my Daltons...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.