Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@gatszu I wear two different widths in the 65 last....12E for Blutcher and 12eee for Bal's...I am traditionally a 13e in the 511 last however I took a flyer on a pair of 12eee Daltons and they work perfectly fine with no discomfort. I measure a 13E.

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Never judge an AE size by just one pair...LOL...Yes that is odd for sure. One thing with the Dalton is that Leather and Dainite sole is a longer break in period than rubber soles like the Long Branch so heel slippage will go away over time as the soles break in. Also as the leather breaks in on the Dalton..which most are really stiff then you will be able to lace tighter.

Honestly I consider AE's like Forest Gump's box of chocolates...you never know what your going to get. As someone who typically orders two or three pairs of the same size shoe/boot to get a perfect fit I have felt and seen things that are just odd.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  3. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Well, i bought a pair of Bourbon Strands on the Shoebank and they will be returned. The right shoe has some awful striping on them. The rest of the shoe is flawless, less the discoloration on shoe due to the leather color consistency not being there. I'd love to work on them and get them looking wearable, but i don't want to make it worse and not be able to return them.

I have bourbon shoe polish, but it in no way looks like it would be dark enough to fix the problem. Imagine a bourbon pair of Stands with the right foot area (spot right before the cap toe) being nearly entirely Walnut color with a hint of bourbon striping. That's what they look like. Even at the price point of $177, which is a steal for Stands, i doubt i'd ever feel comfortable wearing them to work or out at night.

4. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I pulled the trigger on a clearance walnut Dalton pair, as well. If they are keepers, I plan on using dark chili cream to darken them a little. I hear you on the squeaky sound. In fact, I will be returning a pair of firsts in dark chili because of the same issue. I wore them on carpet around the house and the noise just hasn't decreased. I can tolerate/work with little squeaking, but when it's so loud that you will be turnin every head when walking by, I am not sure it is worth the gamble.

5. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

@Kahuna75 thank you

6. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I know loafers aren't too popular here, but it is the Nashua for Friday
    [​IMG]

7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

I've always admired your cordovan collection (specially green and navy), sorry to hear that you'll be selling most of those. More than that, I am frustrated that I am 10E and can't grab any of these from you.
    Good luck

8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

[​IMG]
    Suede strands on a Friday. With socks. Is it bad I want to wear no shows with every shoe now? Also, I really need to see the sun soon...these HD cameras are bad for my health...

9. coop23us

coop23us Member

[​IMG]
    Badlands in the NJ snow.

10. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Ugh I need a loafer ASAP

11. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Neumok's and no show sock Friday.

12. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Thanks, they are some of the better socks I have. Thick and very sturdy wearing the grey ones today.

Here is the designer. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Ugh, your picture is giving me an urge to pick these up. Do they run true to size with calf strands?

14. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

@gabru thank you. It's certainly disappointing and a big financial hit. Also the fact that I was fitted for 6.5E for the strand and pa by AE at two different stores initially really disappoint me.

15. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I wear 9d in both suede strands and my regular ones (oxblood.) No fit issues at all. Both are awesome. And is it obvious I tout oxblood yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.