1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

"grandad, explain to us again how you were rich once and now we are all licing in this cardboard box?"

"well kinds, I was a talentless rapper that got by bigtime in a period of overproduced songs with no lyrical content. The Golden Period, if you would. I was on my grizzy and I got this awesome brrrr tat. Then, as had happened countless times before, a new crop of talentless rappers came in and took over my grind, I was out of a job and had no real talents. no one would hire me with a stupid fucking ice cream cone on my face and a couple of crack pipes later, here we are in this cardboard box"

BTW, I am liking Joel Ortiz's stuff.

"Grand dad - what about the EA tattoo on your neck? What did that lead to?"

2. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Um... no.

4. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

Um... no.

These days it was inevitable for a big name rap and trance figures to collaborate. No escaping this.

And man I hate Tiesto!

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

Busta Rhymes has no quality control. He's like the Samuel L. Jackson of the rap world.

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

Anyway, besides Khalifa and Currensy I've been playing the new album from G-Side "The ONE... COHESIVE" nonstop since it dropped. Some songs from it:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. And one song that's not on the album but came out just a few days prior to it, so it gets an honorable mention:

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Download link for the album: http://www.multiupload.com/G4COWOD080

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Busta's hook on The Game's song "Like Father, Like Son" was great. Fun fact: It was difficult for them to clear the sample for that song since it was actually never released, Buckwild had some kind of test pressing.

8. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

9. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Thank you Based God, you can fuck my bitch!

10. pruppert

pruppert Senior member

I don't think I've ever understood what the hell Camp Lo is talking about, but it sure sounds awesome. Probably swag's equivalent in 90s hip-hop, albeit with higher quality than today. Not necessarily their best, but one I hadn't heard before. Love when the bass-line/guitar riff finally drops.

11. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

take out ab liva and sandman, and I would agree with you.
    LMAO I missed this. Why did the Clipse align with them off all people? I haven't even heard Gillie or Bump J do a song with Ab in the longest.

"grandad, explain to us again how you were rich once and now we are all licing in this cardboard box?"

"well kinds, I was a talentless rapper that got by bigtime in a period of overproduced songs with no lyrical content. The Golden Period, if you would. I was on my grizzy and I got this awesome brrrr tat. Then, as had happened countless times before, a new crop of talentless rappers came in and took over my grind, I was out of a job and had no real talents. no one would hire me with a stupid fucking ice cream cone on my face and a couple of crack pipes later, here we are in this cardboard box"

BTW, I am liking Joel Ortiz's stuff.

Classic.
    Ortiz is the best of the Slaughter House for sure.

12. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Moment of Truth is the greatest hip-hop album of all time. The genre reached it's peak with it's release and has not seen a similar level of excellence since. /contribution

13. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Will someone please explain what i'm missing with Lil B?

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Will someone please explain what i'm missing with Lil B?

Well from what I heard being based is speaking in a stream of consciousness way, and not giving a fuck about how you appear to anyone.

I just think some of the based movement memes are funny.

15. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Angels and Exodus is pretty solid.

MOTIVATION!

16. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Moment of Truth is the greatest hip-hop album of all time. The genre reached it's peak with it's release and has not seen a similar level of excellence since. /contribution

No, but it's a classic, for sure.

17. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Ortiz is the best of the Slaughter House for sure.

Joel's the worst rapper in Slaughterhouse by far. I'd take any of the three over Ortiz any day of the week.

18. APK

APK Senior member

The beat to "Look at Me Now" trips me out.

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Who is Whiz Kalifa and why should I listen to his music? Somebody told me about him the other day.

20. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

He's the dude that sings "black and yellow" and has a new song out which I can't remember the name of. His song is huge here in NY and lots of people seem to like it. I personally really don't like it though.