1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Well-Known Member

Day-O sample be damned, I'm liking the lead single from Tha Carter IV. Cory Gunz still sucks, though.

Lasagna reference and all?[​IMG]

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

I used to really like Wayne between carter 2 and carter 3. "Damage is Done" freestyle is great.

3. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Lasagna reference and all?[​IMG]

Not saying it's a good line, but it does make sense.

4. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

^Damn, some of those covers are horrible, as I imagine most of the albums are. Some of those aren't that bad, but that may just be the knowledge of their quality content clouding my judgment.

Expected to see this one.

[​IMG]

This album is actually kinda great. Devin is one of the most underrated guys in hip-hop.

5. pruppert

pruppert Well-Known Member

Agreed. He has a style that's unlike anyone else's. A lot of rhyming about weed, but cool nonetheless.

6. pruppert

Thought this was nice:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Same sample as this (John Abercrombie's 'Timeless'), also incredibly dope:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Edit: Someone should start a thread with samples, and the resultant tracks. Always blows my mind to hear the originals + how they get flipped. UMG killed a lot of Abercrombie's stuff on Youtube, otherwise I'd post the original too.

7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I had this one site bookmarked on my old computer that was essentially an extensive database of that precise concept.

I credit East Coast rap of the '90s for expanding my appreciation of classic soul and R&B.

8. gladhands

gladhands Well-Known Member

The "G" in lasagna isn't exactly silent.

9. gats

gats Well-Known Member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Kush. Looooovin it despite Akon, so psyched for Detox

10. APK

APK Well-Known Member

The "G" in lasagna isn't exactly silent.

You don't pronounce it, "la-zan-ya"?

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

That site ruins all of the fun of finding samples

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I had this one site bookmarked on my old computer that was essentially an extensive database of that precise concept.

www.whosampled.com

I have a thing for uk hip hop at the moment

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. Chico Dusty

Chico Dusty Active Member

Everyone heard Christmas In Harlem?

Really don't think having Dipset was a great choice. Having the whole song with G.O.O.D. music artists would have been a lot better imo

14. janinvan

janinvan Member

Ok guys, my son is 14 and listens to Hiphop, what CD do I buy him for christmas? I think he said he likes Jurassic Park??

15. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

16. Southlondongent

Southlondongent Well-Known Member

This is Real Old School... '68 [​IMG]

The 1st rap record?...

The 1st rap reply record....

Quit Jive'in...

Peace [​IMG]

17. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Ghostface Killah's new album is the first CD I've bought brand new since...Big Doe Rehab? Shit was $14 at Best Buy, which seems crazy for a first-week release price.

edit: never mind, it was Bulletproof Wallets around this time two years ago. #stillaprettytoneyalbum

18. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Just kopped. Thanks. Any other new CD's worth looking into?

19. APK

APK Well-Known Member

20. pruppert

Thought this was dope. Visual is nice, and the piano loop is smooth, No I.D. produced. On Vimeo Here.