All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. blakhart

blakhart Well-Known Member

The Joy by Kanye featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year... Beat and all verses are nice.

With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... And hoping it doesn't suck.

+1

2. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Haha, so you dislike Jay-Z because he is a "bit" of a sexist, but you are a huge Ghostface fan? Fuck you.
    In his raps, Jay-Z puts women down. Ghostface Killah praises them. Yes, Ghostface wants to fuck everything in the room (who doesn't?), but Jay-Z is, like, 'you're a dumb cunt, I am above you.' While Ghostface is, like, 'oh, gurl, you're fucking sexy as shit, will you suck my dick?'. See the difference?

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

In his raps, Jay-Z puts women down. Ghostface Killah praises them. Yes, Ghostface wants to fuck everything in the room (who doesn't?), but Jay-Z is, like, 'you're a dumb cunt, I am above you.' While Ghostface is, like, 'oh, gurl, you're fucking sexy as shit, will you suck my dick?'. See the difference?
    Nope, this is wrong. Let's move on to another topic.

4. Philip

Philip Senior member

[​IMG]

I've listened to this over a hundred times. I cried when i missed him in Sydney even though I had tickets, but apparently he wasn't too pumped up on playing here.

On another note, Tyler lovers, I'd like to understand why?

5. Cool The Kid

Who/what is that?

And yea I missed the OFGWTKA bus too.

6. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

The Joy by Kanye featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year... Beat and all verses are nice.

With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... And hoping it doesn't suck.

It was one of my least favorites, but people really seemed to like it. Chain Heavy has become my favorite, taking the spot from Christian Dior Denim Flow

7. Cool The Kid

+1 on Chain Heavy. Ye went off

8. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG]

+1000! [​IMG]

Nope, this is wrong. Let's move on to another topic.

You obviously haven't listened to anything by either artist. Why reply? [​IMG]

9. Philip

Philip Senior member

Who/what is that?

And yea I missed the OFGWTKA bus too.

Mos Def's The Ecstatic. I'd recommend Casa Bey and History if you're interested.

10. Philip

Philip Senior member

+1000! [​IMG]

what are your faves off the album?

11. Cool The Kid

You obviously haven't listened to anything by either artist. Why reply? [​IMG]

Ghostface is why I started to rap myself. I'm actually listening to his feature with the Cool Kids now. I'm equally well versed with Jay's work. Jay's married. Ghostface's female catalog includes 'Wildflower' and 'Greedy Bitches'. Like I said you're so wrong it's not worth talking about. Next topic.

Speaking of the Cool Kids their new album is cool, but a little repetitive. However, the 1-2-3 punch of them, Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 and Lil B's album have had me on a nice buzz.

Any of you degenerates going to "Rock The Bells" this year? The lineup is [​IMG]

12. chut6

chut6 Well-Known Member

Though not on the same scale, I enjoy Nas's and Damian's album they have good chemistry.

+1 This album does not seem to be getting old.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

14. Overstand

Overstand Active Member

Breakdown of Kanye:

Kanye is a genius with a vision who has many resources. He uses these resources to reach his vision. Whether it be ghost writers, ghost producers, stylists, other artists, samples, fine artists.

I have been a fan before College Dropout and have liked pretty much every album he dropped. I like how every album has a certain concept or sound that is distinctive but it all comes together as a whole and is 'Kanye'. He executes every album with a look, feel, art work, videos, hype, etc. He even has some great features with verses that beat some of his own songs.

Although he is an egoistical asshole and I think he would do himself a favor by just shutting the fuck up and letting his art do the talking... I don't really mind it because it makes it interesting in a "this guy is insane" kind of way.

But the one thing I don't like is that you never really know which work Kanye is responsible for. I know there are many rappers that have written for him and some producers that helped him with his various sounds.

Ghostwriters for Kanye:
    Rhymefest
    Consequence
    GLC
    Kid Cudi
    Big Sean
    Pusha T
    plus...

I have noticed pretty much every artist that Kanye signs does some ghost writing for him. It seems that before any artist on GOOD Music gets a release of their own they put in some work on Kanye's projects. You can see this based on Kanye's albums. In his early career Rhymefest helped him get his first Grammy for Jesus Walks, which was originally his song. On College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation you can hear either the influence or straight lyrics from the first 3 rappers I listed above.

He signed Cudi before 808s and Heartbreak and that album has Cudi written all over it. Then you can tell the Big Sean influences in a lot of his features from around 2009 until now and also on Dark Twisted Fantasy, in which Pusha T also pitched in.

Since Consequence is not GOOD Music and longer he has called Kanye out on most of this.

I'm not hating because I am a fan. Like I said when he drops an album he does it from every aspect as a whole. He also puts on a good live show from what I have seen... Although, no rapper has perfected this (Jay is pretty close).

And yes I am familiar that many artists (musical, fine artist) have people around them that help create works...

Rant over. Sorry for the long post. Just my thoughts.

15. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

Breakdown of Kanye:

Kanye is a .....

I agree with a lot of what you said. I've always tried to give Kanye the benefit re: ghostwriting but I see a lot of fingerprints in his lyrics. Sean lately has def had an influence. I think kanye gets really locked in on an idea and can execute it for the lead-up until the album, the album itself, and right after. a lot of artist can't sustain that and their projects reflect. he gets much credit for that. in terms of resources...i cant fault him for it. his time as a producer primarily really helped him in terms of features, money, influence. since his resources have grown he;s brought in great people. but hey plenty of artists have resources at their disposal and make crap so thats a + for ye