Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I have never met dude but I swear I want to punch him in the throat. Just to be clear I mean the troll above.

That said *never thought I'd be saying this* but Lil B' is a genius. Establish an image as a shitty swag rapper, drop all of that for the new album and attempt to be legit - not be so bad and generate a ton of buzz. That and he named his fucking album I'm Gay. But dude can't spell dollar right.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Pharrell's influence is dripping from this new Pusha-T / Tyler, the Creator track.

edit: well duh, it's produced by The Neptunes. I initially thought Tyler produced it.

3. bob99

bob99 Senior member

New Jay-Z and Kanye record, called "Watch The Throne" supposedly drops on August 2.

Jay-Z hosted a listening party for a few NY music journalists on the 7th, reviews said it's got some great tracks. Jay said the tracklist isn't confirmed yet.

I'm very excited for this record. H.A.M. (first single) has really grown on me, though it might not be on the final album.

I saw both Jay and Kanye last year in concert (separately) and Jay-Z was one of the best shows of all time. I really hope they tour together on this one.

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Any NY'ers want to check some hippity and hoppity today:

SATURDAY, JULY 9, 7:30 P.M
    LYRICIST LOUNGE FEATURING RAEKWON | SMIF-N-WESSUN | JOELL ORTIZ & MORE
    Raekwon, whose record Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang is on many critics' short lists for the year's best, headlines this show curated by the Lyricist Lounge, an NYC hip-hop institution for almost 20 years.

Large Prof will also be there. Today at the Prospect Pk bandshell.
    (If this has been posted...my biggity!)

5. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

New Jay-Z and Kanye record, called "Watch The Throne" supposedly drops on August 2.

Jay-Z hosted a listening party for a few NY music journalists on the 7th, reviews said it's got some great tracks. Jay said the tracklist isn't confirmed yet.

I'm very excited for this record. H.A.M. (first single) has really grown on me, though it might not be on the final album.

I saw both Jay and Kanye last year in concert (separately) and Jay-Z was one of the best shows of all time. I really hope they tour together on this one.

For some reason, I just can't excited about it, despite Jay Z at one time being my favorite rapper.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

For some reason, I just can't excited about it, despite Jay Z at one time being my favorite rapper.

I can somewhat agree with this. I mean, I'm still eager to give it a listen. I think I read EW saying something along the lines of it being one of the best albums ever -- no exaggeration. I find it anticlimactic though because we all know it will have amazing production, so-so lyrics, haunting atmosphere, etc.

Btw, I can't wait for this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I can somewhat agree with this. I mean, I'm still eager to give it a listen. I think I read EW saying something along the lines of it being one of the best albums ever -- no exaggeration. I find it anticlimactic though because we all know it will have amazing production, so-so lyrics, haunting atmosphere, etc.Btw, I can't wait for this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

shit!!! neo and i agee on something..
    yu are kinda normal outside your troll "would you hit it" thread!!!

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Mega-artist collabos have missed more than they've hit. And Jay's been a bit too Euro-corporate lately for my tastes. Kanye's gonna have to carry this disc.

Truthfully, I would love for Ye to do a bare bones limited feature project. His verses on Chain Heavy are some of my favorite verses spit this year (was it this year?). He is good at executing big ideas, but sometimes I feel like his raw talents get overshadowed by them.

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

Remember when Angie broke best of both worlds on hot97?

"Let's just start frontin on em right away"

It was epic but I think the album flopped.

10. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Though not on the same scale, I enjoy Nas's and Damian's album they have good chemistry.

11. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Though not on the same scale, I enjoy Nas' and Damian's album. They have good chemistry.

+1 That was a good album... good, but not great... still better then 99% of rappers name-dropped here, though!

12. Overstand

Overstand Active Member

The Joy by Kanye featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year... Beat and all verses are nice.

With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... And hoping it doesn't suck.

13. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

The Joy by Kanye, featuring Jay-Z, from G.O.O.D. Fridays is one of the best hip hop songs of the past year...
    Best was 'Enter the Ninja,' IMO. Or what about 'Lidl' by Afrikan Boy? Das Racist's 'Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell,' too!
    With that said, I'm anticipating Watch the Throne... and hoping it doesn't suck.
    +1!

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Anyone have a good rap/hiphop mix tape (last 3 years) they have that they want to post? Always willing to try some shit? Thxxxxxx

15. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Never really liked Jay-Z. His has a good flow and can rhyme, but he's highly overrated and a bit of a douche/sexist! :/

Haha so you dislike JayZ because he is a "bit" of a sexist, but you are a huge Ghostface fan? fuck you

PS Elzhi is the album of the year...