Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. djlukin

djlukin Well-Known Member

Childish Gambino is absolutely incredible. Check out Break (AOTL) by him and Freaks and Geeks. He's up and coming and absolutely talented. J Cole has been pumping out songs. Nothing Like It by J Cole is one of my favorites right now (over the Beanie Sigel beat)

2. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

Childish Gambino is absolutely incredible. Check out Break (AOTL) by him and Freaks and Geeks. He's up and coming and absolutely talented. J Cole has been pumping out songs. Nothing Like It by J Cole is one of my favorites right now (over the Beanie Sigel beat)
    Love J Cole, but can't fuck with Childish Gambino at all. His flow isn't that bad, but WTF is up with some of his lines: "I'm heading West, like I'm fucking blowing Kanye." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You can't brag about banging other dudes' bitches and then drop a line like that, lol. Keep in mind, I only listened to the 2 songs you recommended. On a side note, for some reason the only rapper who seems to get a free pass on staying stuff like that is probably Em.

3. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

5. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

I'd credit Damien more for that. Lupe has been the superior artist since he's been on the scene IMO

LMAO you dudes are nuts. Lupe has always been more pretense than substance. Plus he is damn boring. Nas is better than him in every way possible.

6. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Meek Mill is a beast. Not sure if he improved or if it is the beats, but I've listened to Tupac Back 28 times according to last.fm likely much more.

7. APK

APK Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

To fill the void in your "Scare White People" section of your music collection.

Mixtape isn't bad upon first listen. Anyway, the above song has that tough, redundant production that makes it a no-brainer on my gym iPod.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Here's a freestyle I did last night... Got a mic to record my band's sessions... gf wasn't home and I was bored waiting for dinner to finish baking. Verse stops abruptly cause I didn't realize I didn't finish it till I was recording [​IMG] http://limelinx.com/files/8db6b1426d...17a50159cb79c6 Really hate having a small apt, the sound quality of the room is ass

9. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

Not bad, but way too quiet/ lacking emotion. It was probably due to the fact you didn't want to make too much noise in your apartment.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

11. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. http://www.mediafire.com/?7n9gyjmj1pla7cn

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ Thanks, I've always liked Elzhi. His voice sounds a bit different.

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

love this instrumental:

14. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

Here's a freestyle I did last night...

Got a mic to record my band's sessions... gf wasn't home and I was bored waiting for dinner to finish baking. Verse stops abruptly cause I didn't realize I didn't finish it till I was recording [​IMG]

http://limelinx.com/files/8db6b1426d...17a50159cb79c6

Really hate having a small apt, the sound quality of the room is ass

pretty nice, good verse

15. NotSeanathon

NotSeanathon Well-Known Member