All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by gladhands, Dec 1, 2010.

1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

"Humdrum Town" and "Flying Overseas" are great.

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I said this somewhere else but Cam's verse on "Home" is fantastic and a great example of how good he can be.

And you guys should watch "Dipset in London" on youtube it is hilarious.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

only thing I ever liked from Camron was his shit with CoC. don't know if it's been mentioned here but CoC was so clutch.

4. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

I said this somewhere else but Cam's verse on "Home" is fantastic and a great example of how good he can be.

And you guys should watch "Dipset in London" on youtube it is hilarious.

If you're talking about when Westwood drove them around and they ended up at the strip club...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Probably my favourite Cam'Ron song:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

It's funny, I like Kendrick a lot, but a lot of my friends can't stand his flow at all. My favorite is probably "Let Me Be Me". The last minute or two are hypnotic as fuck.

8. APK

APK Senior member

"Shake" just sounded cheap to me. "Lord You Know" (and "Whats Really Good" [​IMG]) were killed by their interpolations

Cam should have held onto "Purple Haze" for the album too.

Also,

"Shut The Fuck Up"
    "Dead Motherfuckers"
    "Halftime Show"
    "The Bigger Picture"
    "You Oughta Know"

Cam was at the top of his game in ~02-05... my favorite rapper of that era

I have/had a Dipset mixtape from early 2004 that had a lot of content people thought would make the album cut. Some of it did, but a lot of them (many mentioned here) hit the production room floor. I can't remember the name of the mixtape, but I actually OWNED it. It's possibly the only physical mixtape I ever bought. It also contained noticeably different version of "Get Em Girls." THAT song, by the way, had to have been my most played song in the early months of 2004. Shit.

You took off "Shake"? The hook sucked but otherwise, hard song

Wish they could've put on the original version of "Lord You Know" with the Same Cooke sample for the hook.
    "To the Top"
    "Diamonds & Pearls"

Wow, I need to find the Purple Haze I made before we ever thought the project was going to come out. Classic shit.

Said mixtape also had the original version of "Lord You Know," too. It had a different name though (Long Time Coming, I think).

I remember being disappointed by the album when it finally came out, but I think that was due more to the long, long, LONG wait. I was surprised when I revisited it several years back that once you snip the skits and truncate the built-in monologues featured at the end of several songs, it's a real strong LP. Probably the last really good Cam album we'll ever get.

Probably my favourite Cam'Ron song:

I'll take it you haven't heard many Cam tracks.

9. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

I have/had a Dipset mixtape from early 2004 that had a lot of content people thought would make the album cut. Some of it did, but a lot of them (many mentioned here) hit the production room floor. I can't remember the name of the mixtape, but I actually OWNED it. It's possibly the only physical mixtape I ever bought. It also contained noticeably different version of "Get Em Girls." THAT song, by the way, had to have been my most played song in the early months of 2004. Shit.

Said mixtape also had the original version of "Lord You Know," too. It had a different name though (Long Time Coming, I think).

I remember being disappointed by the album when it finally came out, but I think that was due more to the long, long, LONG wait. I was surprised when I revisited it several years back that once you snip the skits and truncate the built-in monologues featured at the end of several songs, it's a real strong LP. Probably the last really good Cam album we'll ever get.

I'll take it you haven't heard many Cam tracks.

[​IMG]I remember this one http://mixunit.com/browseproducts/Th...Cam%27ron.html, but a lot of tapes were floating around with scattered tracks. I think Kay Slay had one too.

10. Gingahbman

Gingahbman Senior member

Listen, I know this is a hip hop thread, but this R&B album by "The Weeknd" is the best one I've heard in ages. If you've heard it, fantastic. For the rest, here's the link. It's a one click link on their site: http://the-weeknd.com/. If you don't like it, feel free to punch me in the face next time I'm in your neighborhood. Also, I am not liable for anyone who fucks around and gets their girl pregnant while listening to this sweet, sweet baby making music.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Purple Man was so criminally underrated. I mean just the characters he introduced (one legged dancing gangsta, Freeky Zeeky, early Jim Jones, the old man in the "Santana's Town" video, Mizzle) are worth some kind of accolade.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

14. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

Listen, I know this is a hip hop thread, but this R&B album by "The Weeknd" is the best one I've heard in ages. If you've heard it, fantastic. For the rest, here's the link. It's a one click link on their site: http://the-weeknd.com/.

If you don't like it, feel free to punch me in the face next time I'm in your neighborhood.

Also, I am not liable for anyone who fucks around and gets their girl pregnant while listening to this sweet, sweet baby making music.

I don't know if I'd call it R&B, but it's a cool project. I listen to it more than Frank Ocean, but that might just be because it came out a few weeks after

15. APK

APK Senior member

[​IMG]I remember this one http://mixunit.com/browseproducts/Th...Cam%27ron.html, but a lot of tapes were floating around with scattered tracks. I think Kay Slay had one too.

Found it:

[​IMG]

Track Listing:

01. Y'all Ain't Ready - JR Writer
    02. Intro
    03. Cam'ron Freestyle
    04. Cam'ron - Halftime Show
    05. Cam'ron - Killa Cam
    06. Cam'ron - Diamonds & Pearls
    07. Cam'ron - Long Time Comin
    08. Cam'ron - Dead Motherfuckas
    09. Cam'ron - Shut The Fu*k Up
    10. Cam'ron & Lil' Flip Freestyle
    11. Cam'ron feat. Freaky Zekey - Hey Lady
    12. JR Writer - Picture Perfect
    13. Cam'ron - Get 'Em Girls
    14. Cake Off- JR Writer
    15. Cam'ron - To The Top
    16. Cam'ron feat. T.I. - Royalty
    17. Jim Jones feat. Game, Lil Flip & Bezell - Certified Gangstas
    18. Jim Jones - Around My Way
    19. Juelz Santana feat. JR Writer - Sesame Street Shop
    20. R. Kelly feat. Cam'ron - Thoia Thong (remix)
    21. JR Writer - 6 Minute Freestyle (100+ bars)
    22. Chubby Baby - Kill For Money
    23. 40 Cal Freestyle

I remember one of the last tracks on here sampling WWF wrestler Goldust's entrance theme.