1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I would rather pay full retail for a genuine Luigi Borrelli than $50 for a fake.

2. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

I would rather pay $50 for a shirt with 90% of the handwork at the same quality than full retail for a name. Understood, though.

3. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

Just to let you know that these shirts are the same sold at the Borrelli outlet in Serravalle (Mc Arthur Glen). They run for about 75 euro, while the "classic" shirts are about 90 euro.
    They are not fake.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Shop in Italy. Put Made in Italy in perspective.

5. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Just to let you know that these shirts are the same sold at the Borrelli outlet in Serravalle (Mc Arthur Glen). They run for about 75 euro, while the "classic" shirts are about 90 euro.
    They are not fake.

This tells me Borrelli also had lesser line.

6. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I completely agree with lawyerdad.

7. demeis

demeis Senior member

The only problem with buying these shirts and they do turn out to be fake i'm most likely keeping them due to shipping. I doubt the seller will refund shipping and i've already invest $15 per shirt then another $15 or so to send them back and thats 1/2 the money i put into the shirt.

8. demeis

demeis Senior member

They are not fake.

Do the 75 euro ones come with the seamstress's name and the borrelli sign on the placket? Do they have any other differences? Also do you know why the difference? Why not do al 90 euro ones or are these special to the outlet only?

9. daniele6

daniele6 Senior member

Do the 75 euro ones come with the seamstress's name and the borrelli sign on the placket? Do they have any other differences? Also do you know why the difference? Why not do al 90 euro ones or are these special to the outlet only?

I saw those shirts when I visited the outlet last summer, and I've never see them again. Thay didn't come with the usual booklet with the signature of the seamstress. As far as I know, no shop in Italy carries this "second" line of shirts.

10. ljohn

ljohn New Member

I think some of his stuff is real.

Look at this shirt:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2006-BORRELL...QQcmdZViewItem

I think Borrelli uses several labels, a different label doesn't mean a fake. Here the buttons, main label, the booklet and its attachment all look legit.

The starting price is way too low, though. Employee pilferage?

Can the higher-priced BIN items be real and the others not?

11. softy

softy Senior member

What if all details are present, i.e. hand stitching, seamstress' name, placket logo, but the buttons are super thin and seem plasticky?

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

What if all details are present, i.e. hand stitching, seamstresses' name, placket logo, but the buttons are super thin and seem plasticky?

Probably post-2010 production. Fabric quality is probably meh IRL.

13. softy

softy Senior member

Gotcha. I'm handling it right now, and the fabric is pretty fine and in a charming pattern.
    There are some slight annoyances in the fit, though. Dunno, may keep.

14. SpooPoker

Gotcha. I'm handling it right now, and the fabric is pretty fine and in a charming pattern.
    There are some slight annoyances in the fit, though. Dunno, may keep.

eBay kop? STF (Ian)?

15. softy

softy Senior member

eHab. Same diff. It was one of those 'this is a cute pattern' instakops. [​IMG]

16. SpooPoker

eHab. Same diff. It was one of those 'this is a cute pattern' instakops. [​IMG]

I did that about 35x before I realized I needed solids. Just reloaded on those. Check recent purchases in a few days [​IMG]

17. softy

softy Senior member

I always forget to read that thread. Solids are essential, obviously, but I like things in inscrutable checked or striped patterns of lavender and blue for wearing with odd trousers, sans coat or with a sweater. It's part of my aesthetic. Outside of solid blues, I don't think I'd wear solids in a (by SF standards) casual ensemble.

18. SpooPoker

I always forget to read that thread. Solids are essential, obviously, but I like things in inscrutable checked or striped patterns of lavender and blue for wearing with odd trousers, sans coat or with a sweater. It's part of my aesthetic. Outside of solid blues, I don't think I'd wear solids in a (by SF standards) casual ensemble.

Of course - Im not pushing solids - just my personal mistakes in shirt purchases were to go with "interesting" patterns in everything, rather than rewind and start in solids in everything. Hence some of my earlier *ahem* missteps in OTT pattern matching. Spoo 2.0 brought it back in from the outfield. Or is trying, anyhow. [​IMG]

19. softy

softy Senior member

Of course - Im not pushing solids - just my personal mistakes in shirt purchases were to go with "interesting" patterns in everything, rather than rewind and start in solids in everything. Hence some of my earlier *ahem* missteps in OTT pattern matching. Spoo 2.0 brought it back in from the outfield. Or is trying, anyhow. [​IMG]
    Haha, some of your latest fits are entering CDB territory... 99% of my wardrobe is insanely boring and consists of navy/gray/white, so much so that opening the closet is feeling a little dreary lately [​IMG] If we follow the Mark Cho logic, we should have quite subtle suitings and then fun purple or yellow ties. I like this, it works and creates presence. OTOH, sometimes I need to live a little. Here, I'll let you weigh in on it. The third color is light gray, not olive. It looks and wears a little less crazy in person. I agree about pattern matching w/ this one. I was intending just wear it plain or with a suede bomber or something. My default mode is "going to the patisserie steez." [​IMG]

20. SpooPoker

Its a nice collar for sure. I can see it working with a light/mid grey suit and an indigo tie. And call me CBDish one more time and Im getting out of my parents basement to smack you up. You heretic blasphemer times eleventy [​IMG]