• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At the moment we have no preferences, if changes need to be made I'll PM you and double check your opinion.

Thanks. Once I've figured out the switch from DXO1 to Lightroom I'll email something across.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want to submit something but can't think of ****

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
working hard on my submission(s)
biggrin.gif

Do we have an idea of the printed paper size?

@thatoneguy

Great!

We don't - we're going to look at submissions and go from there. I've been looking at a bunch of different ways other zines are printed and the options are pretty endless. At the moment, though, no one has submitted anything that demands to be BIIIIG, but if that's you DO IT.

So I've got 2 photo sets to send in, but I'm struggling with writing something for it. I'm not very good at it. What's the move here?
@troika

Random ideas:

1. Collaborate with Synth
2. Collaborate with someone else
3. Send it in with some ideas, maybe one of us will have a go and get back to you
4. Use the inner turmoil to pen a piece about how hard writing is and impossible it is to communicate - extra points for citing Derrida's 'Communication Inc'

I want to submit something but can't think of ****
@Synthese

I'm aware of how completely unsolicited these ideas are, and how probably obnoxious they are, but I like sharing so:

- Stories about shibas
- Choose a couple of fits and do background stories (I think the Rais/MoK cross over works well)
- Choose someone who takes a lot of fit pics and make some diaristic stuff based off that
- Submit a book, movie or TV review
- Critique some landscape photography (happy to send you some of my photos)
- Write an editorial
- ???

For everyone else, we've barely a week left - we have a good variety of submissions but I think I speak for all of us involved when I say we'd love a lot more submissions - even if they are imperfect or not quite finished. We can work with that, I think.

- Matt

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, got busy and called out of town for a couple of weeks. Anyways, we've got some great submissions so far, but would love to have more! Thank you to everyone who has submitted, we're hoping to make this as awesome as possible. Such a wide variety of stuff so far.

Would love to see some more writing!

@Synthese: anything you want, bud. I was hoping that the topic was broad enough that you could interpret it any way you'd like. Would definitely love to see anything you've got.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are extending the submission deadline just a few days. You have until Sunday 11:59PM PST, March 6 to get em in!!!

If you're slacking and wanna get something cool in, now is the time to do it!

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the status of this?

The short answer is... We're working on it. We got some great submissions, now it's all coming together. All of us involved in the project have day jobs/obligations so we're doing this in our spare time. Bear with!

Probably waiting for people to send them content in final form...sorry guys, trying to recover photos from a trashed laptop...

High-res/final images have been requested yes, but it's not holding us back (yet). Thanks to those that already sent in. The higher the resolution of the files you give us, the more flexibility we have with it in the layout (think full-page spreads). I'm talking upwards of 4k pixels wide for images.

Can't wait to share with everyone.

Last edited:

PaintSplattered

Reaction score
I want to publicly thank all those involved for putting this together. Thank you!!!

As an artist, it can be difficult to get work seen, and most of the events around my area have fees to participate in which are way over $100, most closer to $200. Add to that, they are outside when it's high humidity and usually around 100 degrees. An event I'm in this year thankfully costs less, but that's because we get a grant from a company to help with advertisement.

I was waiting on getting my high resolution pictures back and have sent them in, hopefully you all are pleased with the quality of the images. I think they came out great.

Thanks again! I know this will be awesome.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has definitely taken a lot more time than I though - as Art said we all have day jobs, hobbies, commitments and travel around a bit too. These all slowed us down quite a bit more than I would have thought. Certainly slowed me down a lot more than I thought.

That being said, the current mock up looks great, and show cases what people have made pretty well.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this is evolving to its final form, and looks great :slayer:

This is the current name/screen name list, please let us know in this thread or via PM if they need any corrections

ps sorry for revealing your name :eek:

you have 48 hours

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very excited to see how it turns out and hopefully there'll be more chances in the future, meant to participate with something but just never got around to it
lookaround.gif

Will there be physical copies or is it purely digital? (this might have been answered before but too lazy to search it out if so)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads