1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by glenjay, Feb 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkyin

clarkyin Well-Known Member

Hey, I am thinking of placing an order, do you live around toronto? if so, maybe we can split the cost :)! Cheers.

Clark

2. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

Well... I did it, I came out with a paste polish. It has all the colors of the cream polish, but in a harder wax concentration that the cream. The paste polish is not as hard as the High Shine (which should only be used on non-flexible surfaces), but will produce a higher shine than the cream..

The paste is only available in 2 ounce (60ml) screw top tins and sells for $9.95 USD. The paste can be purchased through the GlenKaren Care web site.

There is now also an option to purchase the cream and the water resistant polish in 2 ounce screw top tins for $9.95 USD as well.

-Glen

1 person likes this.
  3. Rand B

Rand B Well-Known Member

Glenjay:

Greetings. I've perused your website and am particularly intrigued with the water resistant polish. It would appear to be the only product of its type apropos for fine leather shoes. My question is: In lieu of a grey polish (I have an anthracite pair I'd like to treat), might you have a neutral version in the works?

Thank you,
    Rand B

4. SlickTime

SlickTime Active Member

Could one of you gents please tell me, what is the difference between the Glenkaren Paste and the Glenkaren water resistant polish in terms of shine? And can the High Shine neutral paste be used on top of the water resistant polish or regular paste?

Thanks!

5. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Anyone heard from glen Karen recently. I wanted to try one or two of those products but the website has been down for a while and no response for a Facebook inquiry

6. SlickTime

SlickTime Active Member

I bought some stuff and communicated with Glenn via email back in November. I hope they're just working on the website! These are my go to polishes and creams! If you need to reach them I'd try emailing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Can you pm me the email. Thanks

8. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Silence....hope they ar not out of biz

9. SlickTime

SlickTime Active Member

Looks like they're back! with a name change! This must mean a new website, email, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/purepolishleathercare/posts/1609825632362682:0

I hope it's just a name change anyway. Hope they didn't sell the business to another party. That would be quite unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  10. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

Hi everyone, sorry for the silence. I simply have not had the time to work on the polish. There have been some changes in my life recently that have changed my priorities.

Making and supporting the polish has been more of a secondary income for me while working around my day job. I was promoted to deputy director a few months ago, and have simply not been able to do my job and keep up the polish.
    Another factor is that my wife has not been able to help me to the degree she once had as her MS has progressed.

I have decided to give the business to my adult daughter Kristen who has changed the name to Pure Polish.

I will still advise her as I have time, but the company is hers now to do as she wishes. Please feel free to give her your support and feedback.

I really want to thank all of the great people on this forum that have supported me and my polish. I have learned a great deal from all of you.

I will still check in on the style forum from time to time and add my two cents when it seems appropriate.

-Glen

3 people like this.
  11. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

thank you for the update and we wish your daughter success
    Please have her check and let us know when the new product will be available.....

however by that time, I for one may not need it as, it will be warm enough to use the harsher traditional products outside..LOL

12. SlickTime

SlickTime Active Member

Thank you for the update Glen. Congratulations on your job promotion! I feel very happy and reassured to hear that the business has stayed within your family, and will be running with you and Karen as readily available advisers.

I can't imagine having to go back to the same old run of mill toxic polishes after having used your amazing polishes. GlenKaren are the only polishes I use anymore and they're the only polishes I want to use for the rest of my life! That being said, I wish Kristen and Pure Polish great success! I'll be following and supporting the business as usual. Hopefully Kristen can join us in Styleforum too and give us updates!

Best,

13. SlickTime

SlickTime Active Member

Don't know which products you were considering, but these are great all year round! If you've never tried them, you owe it to yourself to try at least one! My favorite part of them is the fresh citrus scent.. It really made shoe polishing fun for me as I can now polish my shoes inside my room with zero ventilation, and just back in the scent. :)

14. lodestone

lodestone New Member

Glen,
    I'm also thrilled to hear you're keeping the business in the family. I've made do with smelly products for years, but my wife just gave me an ultimatum. I can either shine my shoes outside or throw away my whole kit (including a lot of Saphir...) and use GlenKaren.

I was a tad upset... until she agreed to let me spend the money to refill my shine box with your products! Now, I'm pretty stoked about it.

I've been using the Cleaner/Conditioner and High Shine for a year or so and love them. Best products I've used. I thought I needed to use up my other supplies before I would be able to try some of your other products, but there's no more waiting for me!

The only problem now is that the website is down. Please tell Kristen to hurry up. ;-) I've got a lot of polish to buy!
    -Jason

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  15. lodestone

lodestone New Member

16. KristenO

KristenO New Member

Hi everyone. My name is Kristen, Glen's daughter and new owner of this fantastic all natural shoe polish. I wanted to thank you all for the support and reiterate that I am very open to feedback as I navigate taking over this business. As mentioned above the new website is www.purepolishproducts.com again I really appreciate the support and am excited to continue this line of polish that has been beneficial to so many!!

3 people like this.
  17. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

:worship:

:worship:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.