• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaufebeen

Reaction score
I got my polish sent half the globe to me in Singapore, which I promptly used on my dress shoes yesterday morning.

I have to say this stuff smells GOOD! So much that it almost smells edible. I guess it also helps that one knows he could be staining his finger with an all natural product instead of one that contains turpentine.

The cleaner/conditioner has a soft 'chewy' kind of texture and spreads easily while the high shine paste is the opposite, resembling hard candlewax (which works well if you just want to scoop up just a tiny bit for a thin coat). The creams are great and gives sufficient shine for a shoe cream.

In all I would say that I am very satisfied with the products and am already looking at purchasing other colors. My only little gripe is that the cleaner and high shine bottles arrived oily, and the wordings on the label eroded once I triednto clean it with some soap. Perhaps a bottle with a tighter screw on lid can be considered?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some new Carminas in a little while ago and updated my shoe polish to suit the colors.

Here's the specific Carminas I got. You can see they're not quite burgundy, but they're pretty close. I think it's a seriously gorgeous color.

Comparison while applying.

The setup.

Finished product. One application of GlenKaren Burgundy Paste Polish and three coats of GlenKaren High Shine Paste.

Closer look.

Still learning how to use the polish so I think it could look a lit better. But this is pretty good looking.

glenjay

Reaction score
As a benefit to members of the StyleForum I am going to include a free jar of High Shine Paste Polish with every order I receive for any GlenKaren product, from now (6/11/2013) through Father's Day (6/16/2013).

If you order through the GlenKareCare web site be sure to PM me here so that you get your free jar of High Shine Paste Polish included in the order. You can also PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support, and Happy Father's Day.

Available Colors:

name

Reaction score
Last edited:

glenjay

Reaction score
1. The business is doing ok, but I am not going to put Saphir out of business anytime soon.

2. GlenKaren polish can be used with most leathers other than suede, patent leather and low end bookbinder leather.

3. Yes there are a few companies that make all natural shoe polish, but I believe GlenKaren is the best. The shoe polish is edible, but I wouldn't recommend it because the orange oil is pretty acidic (like eating an orange peel). The shoe polish is not classified as a food product (unless you're a shoe).

-Glen

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3. Yes there are a few companies that make all natural shoe polish, but I believe GlenKaren is the best. The shoe polish is edible, but I wouldn't recommend it because the orange oil is pretty acidic (like eating an orange peel). The shoe polish is not classified as a food product (unless you're a shoe).

-Glen

This made me push air out of my nose and smile.

Last edited:

PASstudy

Reaction score
Would like to order a burgundy for my White's boots. Any deals/offers going on for October?

glenjay

Reaction score

Hi Glen.
Are you not offering International shipping ???

I would very much like to, but in small quantities the cost of shipping becomes such a high percentage of the overall cost it just isn't fair to the customer.

It would be great to have some distributors internationally, but until then I will avoid shipping small orders (less than 4 jars) internationally. For larger orders please feel free to contact me directly.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will definitely this a try when I run out my saphir stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads