• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickTime

Reaction score

Anyone heard from glen Karen recently. I wanted to try one or two of those products but the website has been down for a while and no response for a Facebook inquiry

I bought some stuff and communicated with Glenn via email back in November. I hope they're just working on the website! These are my go to polishes and creams! If you need to reach them I'd try emailing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickTime

Reaction score

glenjay

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for the silence. I simply have not had the time to work on the polish. There have been some changes in my life recently that have changed my priorities.

Making and supporting the polish has been more of a secondary income for me while working around my day job. I was promoted to deputy director a few months ago, and have simply not been able to do my job and keep up the polish.
Another factor is that my wife has not been able to help me to the degree she once had as her MS has progressed.

I have decided to give the business to my adult daughter Kristen who has changed the name to Pure Polish.

I will still advise her as I have time, but the company is hers now to do as she wishes. Please feel free to give her your support and feedback.

I really want to thank all of the great people on this forum that have supported me and my polish. I have learned a great deal from all of you.

I will still check in on the style forum from time to time and add my two cents when it seems appropriate.

-Glen

kbuzz

Reaction score
thank you for the update and we wish your daughter success
Please have her check and let us know when the new product will be available.....

however by that time, I for one may not need it as, it will be warm enough to use the harsher traditional products outside..LOL

SlickTime

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for the silence. I simply have not had the time to work on the polish. There have been some changes in my life recently that have changed my priorities.

Making and supporting the polish has been more of a secondary income for me while working around my day job. I was promoted to deputy director a few months ago, and have simply not been able to do my job and keep up the polish.
Another factor is that my wife has not been able to help me to the degree she once had as her MS has progressed.

I have decided to give the business to my adult daughter Kristen who has changed the name to Pure Polish.

I will still advise her as I have time, but the company is hers now to do as she wishes. Please feel free to give her your support and feedback.

I really want to thank all of the great people on this forum that have supported me and my polish. I have learned a great deal from all of you.

I will still check in on the style forum from time to time and add my two cents when it seems appropriate.

-Glen
Thank you for the update Glen. Congratulations on your job promotion! I feel very happy and reassured to hear that the business has stayed within your family, and will be running with you and Karen as readily available advisers.

I can't imagine having to go back to the same old run of mill toxic polishes after having used your amazing polishes. GlenKaren are the only polishes I use anymore and they're the only polishes I want to use for the rest of my life! That being said, I wish Kristen and Pure Polish great success! I'll be following and supporting the business as usual. Hopefully Kristen can join us in Styleforum too and give us updates!

Best,

SlickTime

Reaction score
thank you for the update and we wish your daughter success
Please have her check and let us know when the new product will be available.....

however by that time, I for one may not need it as, it will be warm enough to use the harsher traditional products outside..LOL
Don't know which products you were considering, but these are great all year round! If you've never tried them, you owe it to yourself to try at least one! My favorite part of them is the fresh citrus scent.. It really made shoe polishing fun for me as I can now polish my shoes inside my room with zero ventilation, and just back in the scent. :)

lodestone

Reaction score
Glen,
I'm also thrilled to hear you're keeping the business in the family. I've made do with smelly products for years, but my wife just gave me an ultimatum. I can either shine my shoes outside or throw away my whole kit (including a lot of Saphir...) and use GlenKaren.

I was a tad upset... until she agreed to let me spend the money to refill my shine box with your products! Now, I'm pretty stoked about it.

I've been using the Cleaner/Conditioner and High Shine for a year or so and love them. Best products I've used. I thought I needed to use up my other supplies before I would be able to try some of your other products, but there's no more waiting for me!

The only problem now is that the website is down. Please tell Kristen to hurry up. ;-) I've got a lot of polish to buy!
-Jason

Last edited:

KristenO

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Kristen, Glen's daughter and new owner of this fantastic all natural shoe polish. I wanted to thank you all for the support and reiterate that I am very open to feedback as I navigate taking over this business. As mentioned above the new website is www.purepolishproducts.com again I really appreciate the support and am excited to continue this line of polish that has been beneficial to so many!!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:worship:

Hi everyone. My name is Kristen, Glen's daughter and new owner of this fantastic all natural shoe polish. I wanted to thank you all for the support and reiterate that I am very open to feedback as I navigate taking over this business. As mentioned above the new website is www.purepolishproducts.com again I really appreciate the support and am excited to continue this line of polish that has been beneficial to so many!!

:worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads