• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Natural Deoderant Stick?

Bananafish

Reaction score
Old Spice is suddenly giving me rashes under my armpits for some strange reason. I've never experienced this before, it's very strange. I switched to several other products but it seems that all of the aluminum cans are suddenly causing bad reactions. Summer's on the way and I need to switch to something gentler, I suppose. I'm trying to find a 100% natural product that's just as effective. Oddly enough, the majority of health conscious personal care products seem to be marketed to women. The higher end sensitive-skin brands like Dr. Hauschka are all flowery feminine scents. There doesn't seem to be many options for classic men's deoderant. Can anyone recommend something that would do the job of the Old Spice/Right Guard stuff, but without all the chemical ingredients? I usually wear Trufit & Hill, Creed, Paul Stuart or Ormonde fragrances... I don't want anything that smells like a field of daisies! It would be great to find a natural sandalwood perfumed stick or something similar. That actually works!

Thanks for the help!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bananafish
Old Spice is suddenly giving me rashes under my armpits for some strange reason. I've never experienced this before, it's very strange. I switched to several other products but it seems that all of the aluminum cans are suddenly causing bad reactions. Summer's on the way and I need to switch to something gentler, I suppose. I'm trying to find a 100% natural product that's just as effective. Oddly enough, the majority of health conscious personal care products seem to be marketed to women. The higher end sensitive-skin brands like Dr. Hauschka are all flowery feminine scents. There doesn't seem to be many options for classic men's deoderant. Can anyone recommend something that would do the job of the Old Spice/Right Guard stuff, but without all the chemical ingredients? I usually wear Trufit & Hill, Creed, Paul Stuart or Ormonde fragrances... I don't want anything that smells like a field of daisies! It would be great to find a natural sandalwood perfumed stick or something similar. That actually works!

Thanks for the help!

Try the crystal deodorant. It works. I use the spray.

Bananafish

Reaction score
Thanks, does it actually work though?

I'm skeptical of the $3.99 price tag... and the purple colored bottle with the pink breast cancer flag on the cap. Is it a flowery/feminine scent, because it sure looks like it from the product design?

Bananafish

Reaction score
Okay, I'm anwering my own question (in case anyone cares): http://www.herbancowboy.com/ Dusk Scent. This looks and sounds right. Any experience with this brand? --- Has anyone tried Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Deodorant Stick?
acqua-di-parma-colonia-intensa-deodorant-stick.jpg

thecentennial

Reaction score
I use L'Occitane eud des baux deo stick, aluminium free and smells f****ng gorgeous

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crystal deodorant doesn't smell at all. It works as an anti-perspirant. But, it doesn't leave yellow stains on your armpits. There are many users on here who use it. You can find all sorts of posts about it in a search. Yes, it really works. Don't pay attention to the packaging. There's nothing gender specific about the actual product.
Originally Posted by Bananafish
Crystal deodorants contain alum, apparently.
From the website: Our data shows that molecules of alum are too large to be absorbed through the skin and in any case, even if it were possible for alum molecules to be absorbed into the skin, such amounts would be inconsequential in daily use.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Crystal deoderant is not an antiperspirant, sadly. Otherwise I'd take the plunge. The sad fact is that science has not yet come up with a reliable and natural alternative to aluminum for antiperspiratory use.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried many, but they stop working after a while. Herban Cowboy was good.

Right now I'm using Herbal Magic roll on deodorant and it works very well. It smells like beer (contains hops) and reduces moisture.

Bananafish

Reaction score
Well I'd prefer to avoid alum altogether since I've had this reaction to the stuff that I've been using for twenty plus years. I took the plunge on the Herban Cowboy Dusk stick, since it seems hypoallergenic and all-natural contents. I also shelled out for the pricier Acqua di Parma stick which I truly hope works well because it wasn't cheap! It sounds like it would be great... I'll be the guinea pig.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
Try Malin&Getz deodorant: http://www.amazon.com/Malin-Goetz-Eu.../dp/B003554PYO It is really, really good. I didn't have any rashes, allergic reactions or pain under the armpits I used to have with other deodorants. Also one "piece" lasts for a long time. Wallpaper chose it to be the grooming product of the year for a reason.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
When using Crystal, I have discovered that you need to give it sufficient time to dry before putting on a shirt.

Yeah, I put it on and then lay down on the bed for a couple minutes to let it dry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics