• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Electric Vehicles

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
yes but only as a 2ndary car.

I've actually built several EV's before. The conversion isn't that difficult, its just bloody expensive and its still going to be at least a decade before the infrastructure is there to be practical. I mean most people don't even have enough juice running to their own garage to charge a car overnight.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
nope. ive never seen one that didnt look like a hippy toy.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't paid a lot of attention to them, but I think I'd consider one as a second car for city driving if I lived in a large city where traffic was heavy. For my current driving patterns, no.

Logan

Reaction score
Never, plugging in a car to 'fuel it up' is not practical at all. I'll hold off till hydrogen fuel cell cars become the norm.

Albern

Reaction score
Absolutely. My next car will be a Tesla Model S and I have no plans on ever going back to the internal combustion engine.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This goes for hybrids too, I would gladly buy one if they looked better. I was excited about the chevy volt at first because the concept looked like:
Chevy_Volt_Hybrid.jpg

But then it came out and looked like:
265x265px-LS-2011_chevy_volt.jpg

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably, if they go mainstream and I get over the weirdness of it not making any sounds at speed.

Drove a hybrid Camry once for a short distance and it was just an odd feeling. Felt like an appliance.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been a passenger in a Tesla, awesome, awesome car. The sweet noise of a V12 is something I'd have no problem giving up if it meant that we wean our dependency on fucked-up countries run by dictators such as Saudi Arabia and Russia. To say nothing that it will help lessen global climate change.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
The best part of an all electric engine is instantaneous torque. You hit the max torque as soon as you hit the pedal. That's what makes the Tesla great to drive. http://www.slate.com/id/2154425/
For the price it needs an audio system that outputs the sound of a V8, so it gives the illusion of a gasoline engine :).

henrikc

Reaction score
Not going to buy an all electric vehicle in the next couple of years, but in, say, 6-7 years I might consider it. I'm just hoping cities get their fingers out and actually install a few charging stations here and there, and that you'll be able to buy a normal electric car without paying a large premium for it.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It's so hard to predict the trajectory of production cost trends, battery technology, performance, oil prices, and superior technology developments that it's basically an unanswerable question for any time period of more than a couple years unless you want one out of principle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads