• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

emptym

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of 501 stf's at Mervyns and I love them. I mention Mervyns bec. the ones at Macys were a much lighter shade of blue.

People have mentioned here that the Levis at different stores are different. Is this difference consistent?
Are the ones at Macys always light and the ones at Mervyns always (usually) dark? How about the ones at other stores, like Sheplers, JC Pennys, etc.? Anyone know? Or is it just random? One Macys will be different from another, the same Macys may be different month to month, etc.?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone got any ideas where to get black 511s on the cheap? 31-32x34.

cheers.

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
whats the smallest waist size 501 47" reproduced come in? i only see 29x32 i don't even see 29x30. i typically wear 28 thats why i'm asking.

I have a size 28x34 brand new with tags LVC 1947 501. I personally wear 29s soaked in these and with other levis, (511, 514 etc) I wear size 28. Let me know if you want these before I put it up on ebay.

johnnylazar

Reaction score
The xx had nothing to do with the rivets. It was the name of the fabric that was used on the jeans. XX is the selvage, and the newer non selvage fabric is designated as xxx.

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
i think johnnylazar is right but keep in mind, even some newer 50$ STF's come with the XX designation... So its not strictly for vintage/LVC 501s.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
My current black STF 501s say XX. No rivets, no selvedge, and I doubt they're cone denim.

tatet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt

cheers.

Macys, $35

johnnylazar

Reaction score
Do they say xx after the 501 next to the size, or just on top where the horse logo is?

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
next to the size. the xx on regular stf's also means it was made in mexico i believe.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score

cheers.

Try calling any Levi's store around you and they can look up which stores have them. You can then do a send sale and have it shipped to your house.

OR

you could search endlessly at dept. stores like macy's and jcpenney's for them.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score

cheers.

A lot of stores have them on sale this labor day weekend for around 30-40 dollars.

discret

Reaction score
hey, another question. I like the feel of the stretch 511s. can i expect them to tighten back up after a wash?

Arsenov

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoconutBanana
A lot of stores have them on sale this labor day weekend for around 30-40 dollars.

To be specific, Sears has them for around 35$ or so per pair.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
black 511's typically go for about 36.99 at the outlets.

as for stretch 511's, they won't shrink back to their original size but yes they'll tighten up a bit.

Eagle

Reaction score
Levi 501 Originals are the only jeans I wear. While I can frequently find new stock 501 Originals at $30 or less, IMHO, there are none better at any price!
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads