1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Alico Tahoe Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JimPA, May 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM.

1. JimPA

JimPA Member

I have been wearing Norwegian welt hiking boots since I was a teenager.
    My first pair were the Kinney Colorado hikers made in Italy with Vibram soles.
    After Kinney close I was fortunate enough to purchase two pair of the EMS Raichle Ravine boots for $150 per pair in 1996.
    Each pair of of these last about a decade.
    The leather inside the boots started to crack and the midsole started to fall apart.

With so many great revues I purchased a pair of the Alico Tahoe boots from Sierra Trading Post.
    I have also purchased the New Guide model.
    I really like the New Guide model but they are too heavy to wear during summer in my area.

After wearing the Tahoe model a few weeks I noticed creases in the leather from breaking them in.
    I frequently clean the leather with saddle soap.
    After a few months I noticed that the leather has completely split.
    I am really disappointed with them, I thought the leather was more durable and would last for a few years.
    After wearing these boots for less than a year they are totally shot.
    It's too bad Alico doesn't offer a low cut boot that uses thicker more durable leather.

Unfortunately many companies like Gronell tradition and Armond
    rock don't have US dealers.

thumbnail.jpeg thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg