• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Alico Tahoe Boots

JimPA

Reaction score
I have been wearing Norwegian welt hiking boots since I was a teenager.
My first pair were the Kinney Colorado hikers made in Italy with Vibram soles.
After Kinney close I was fortunate enough to purchase two pair of the EMS Raichle Ravine boots for $150 per pair in 1996.
Each pair of of these last about a decade.
The leather inside the boots started to crack and the midsole started to fall apart.

With so many great revues I purchased a pair of the Alico Tahoe boots from Sierra Trading Post.
I have also purchased the New Guide model.
I really like the New Guide model but they are too heavy to wear during summer in my area.

After wearing the Tahoe model a few weeks I noticed creases in the leather from breaking them in.
I frequently clean the leather with saddle soap.
After a few months I noticed that the leather has completely split.
I am really disappointed with them, I thought the leather was more durable and would last for a few years.
After wearing these boots for less than a year they are totally shot.
It's too bad Alico doesn't offer a low cut boot that uses thicker more durable leather.

Unfortunately many companies like Gronell tradition and Armond
rock don't have US dealers.

thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%