1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Alfred Sargents at Lands End on sale

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by nerdykarim, Oct 15, 2007.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

The financial engineering is amusing. Earlier today, I was on the point of buying two identical pairs of shoes. One from Endless.com and one from Shoes.com. My idea was that I would get overnight shipping from Endless, but pay more overall. Then, when the cheaper pair came from shoes.com, I would return those to Endless, and so get Endless's overnight shipping but shoes.com's price.

I didn't do it. Was it wrong of me to consider it though?

2. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

The financial engineering is amusing. Earlier today, I was on the point of buying two identical pairs of shoes. One from Endless.com and one from Shoes.com. My idea was that I would get overnight shipping from Endless, but pay more overall. Then, when the cheaper pair came from shoes.com, I would return those to Endless, and so get Endless's overnight shipping but shoes.com's price.

I didn't do it. Was it wrong of me to consider it though?

I'm pretty sure both shoes.com and endless.com pricematch. Just send customer service an email with the lower price and ask them to match it. They may even give you 10% of the difference (which probably won't amount to much).

3. jml90

jml90 Senior member

And there are no 13's left, even though it appears on the page. I even tried calling on the very slim chance that there might a web error. Now that I waited too long, I hope it's true that the sizes run large since I would probably swim in a 13+ and they would just sit in the closet.

Ugh. No 13s?

4. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Hmm I guess I should just ask them if they will refund the difference, if my size is still available when the price goes down.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

What a useless affiliate. I tried to find the two items through their search and it can't find them to make links. Either way, it's a great deal. If I didn't already have a pair of tan suede chukkas, I'd probably get those.

P.s. this is some next level shiz right here. Just look at how happy that guy looks to be wearing that.

6. jml90

jml90 Senior member

What a useless affiliate. I tried to find the two items through their search and it can't find them to make links. Either way, it's a great deal. If I didn't already have a pair of tan suede chukkas, I'd probably get those.

You have to go to overstocks click "On the Counter" and search through there.

Hmm I guess I should just ask them if they will refund the difference, if my size is still available when the price goes down.

"The price at which you purchase is the only one we can honor."

7. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

P.s. this is some next level shiz right here. Just look at how happy that guy looks to be wearing that.

I love these classic waspy holiday sweaters. Definitely "next level shyt" as j said. Have a whole drawer full and rock 'em when it's cold out. The red, however, is even over the top for me.

8. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I'm pretty sure both shoes.com and endless.com pricematch. Just send customer service an email with the lower price and ask them to match it. They may even give you 10% of the difference (which probably won't amount to much).

They do, but usually not specials, like prices achieved using coupon codes. It was the coupon code that made the shoes.com price really attractive.

9. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

10. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Missed out on this [​IMG] If anyone bought a size 8 in either shoe (at today's sale price) and doesn't like them.. please PM me before returning!

11. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

"The price at which you purchase is the only one we can honor."

Yeah, but would they prefer I buy another 2 pair and return them on the higher price receipt? I hope not, but I can do that.

12. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I want these shoes in a bad way, but I wanna gamble hardcore and wait until Friday [​IMG]

13. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Senior member

14. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Six left. Get them while they're hot.

I want these shoes in a bad way, but I wanna gamble hardcore and wait until Friday [​IMG]

15. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

The deal gets sweeter: Go here for a click through link that might get you a $10 gift card with your $100 purchase. And the next one definitely works: Use the code CSFROST with the PIN 622626052 for free shipping.

EDIT: Ain't no way the Gibson is going to make it to the next markdown, at least in size 9.